Table of Contents
Jenna Essence Mild Kit Rejuvenating Set Review
Nowadays, almost every Filipino wants to achieve the perfect skin. No acne marks, no stubborn pimples, no dry patches, just beautiful glowing glass skin. But boy, is it hard. I think if I had a superpower, it would be having perfect skin without having to go through a tremendous amount of trials and errors just to get there.
I’m certainly not alone in this regard. People want perfect skin, and they want it fast. That’s why rejuvenating sets are all the rage. You’ve probably found hundreds of similar products on online stores like Shopee and Lazada. That’s because they promise dazzling results in just a few weeks, and people are willing to go through pain just to get there. But the stinging and redness associated with these kits isn’t actually a good thing.
In comes the Jenna Essence Mild Kit, which promises to give you all the benefits other products offer, without actually destroying your skin in the process. Let’s take a closer look.
About the Jenna Essence Mild Kit Rejuvenating Set
Had a bad experience with a rejuvenating set that was too harsh? Believe it or not, there are some out there that claim to be mild yet effective. The Jenna Essence Mild Kit is a set of four products that contain the following:
- Kojic soap
- Rejuvenating toner
- Rejuvenating cream
- Sunblock gel cream
Each product is formulated with the most perfectly crafted combination of exfoliants, lighteners, and moisturizers to keep the skin healthy and happy. Among the ingredients, lactic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin E are present. Want to see if it’s worth the hype? Let’s get into the Jenna Essence Mild Kit Rejuvenating Set review!
Benefits of the Jenna Essence Mild Kit
Here are just a few things you get when you use this rejuvenating kit:
- Improved and even skin tone
- Reduced visible sun damage
- Softer and smoother skin
- Removed appearance of early aging, like fine lines and wrinkles
- Smaller appearance of pores
- Healthy, glowing skin free of blemishes
- Non-irritated skin
Ingredients of the Jenna Essence Mild Kit Rejuvenating Set
From the rejuvenating cream to the soap & rejuvenating toner, the Jenna Essence set is formulated to be mild yet effective. You’ll find these ingredients:
- Lactic acid. This alpha hydroxy acid is generally favored among those with sensitive or dry skin. It’s not as harsh as others and rarely causes irritation.
- Niacinamide. Also known as Vitamin B3, niacinamide is a superstar when it comes to removing acne marks and dark spots on the face. It’s pretty much compatible with all skin types and other actives.
- Citric acid. Citric acid is another AHA that helps slough off dead skin cells and unclog pores, resulting in cleaner skin.
- Honey extract. A wonderful radiance-boosting ingredient, honey extract can also revitalize and moisturize the skin.
- Retinol palmitate. A member of the retinol family that is said to have anti-aging benefits. However, studies haven’t yet agreed on its conclusive benefits.
- Glycolic acid. Another exfoliant, glycolic acid is a member of the AHA family. It’s effective in clearing dead skin cells and reducing signs of early aging, like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Salicylic acid. Another active ingredient, but this time a BHA. Salicylic acid is highly considered an effective agent in treating blackheads and whiteheads.
- Hydrolyzed collagen. This ingredient is a pretty great antioxidant with high bioavailability. It’s one of the few antioxidants found in the product, along with Vitamin E.
- Tea tree oil. This is an antibacterial agent that is commonly found in anti-acne products.
- Vitamin C. A hydrating vitamin that helps even out skin tone by fading dark spots.
- Dragon’s blood. No, this isn’t blood of a dragon. It’s actually the extract from a tree that bears a resemblance to the mythical creature. Dragon’s blood is said to have potent anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects.
On the other hand, here are the things this product doesn’t have:
Precaution: Perform a patch test before use. Do note that if you start to experience redness, stinging, or irritation, discontinue use immediately.
- Kojic soap — Start your morning routine by cleansing with the soap. Dry your face with a soft towel.
- Rejuvenating toner — Apply a small amount on a cotton pad and gently wipe all over the face and neck.
- Sunblock gel cream — Slather a very generous amount of sunscreen all over the face.
- Rejuvenating cream — For your night routine, massage the rejuvenating cream into your skin right after the toner.
Where to Buy the Jenna Essence Mild Kit Rejuvenating Set
As with many rejuv sets I’ve encountered, the reviews are always mixed. This one is no different, but since it’s marketed as a mild product, I was more than willing to give it a try. I’m glad to say that so far, this is probably the mildest one I’ve encountered! I love that it doesn’t sting at all. The peeling was expected but it wasn’t uncomfortable.
I also love that the effects were visible. My pimple spots cleared up pretty quickly and I noticed a more even skin tone. Some discoloration in certain parts of the skin also disappeared. The downside: it’s not as moisturizing as I thought it would be, but my expectations were actually exceeded and my experience started on a high note!
My favorite rejuv set by far! I was very content with the results and impressed at the gentle yet effective formulation. It’s also quite affordable, and I love how easy everything is to apply.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.