Table of Contents
Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set Review
Ready to keep your complexion blemish-free? Makinis skin is just one rejuvenating set away. In this Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set review, we talk about all the benefits, advantages, disadvantages, and our own experiences with this beauty set. Is it effective in giving you brilliant skin, or is it all just hype? Let’s get into it!
About the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set
Rejuvenating sets have become controversial in the world of skincare. This is because plenty of them contain harsh chemicals and alcohols that peel the skin too quickly, resulting in burning or increased photosensitivity. That’s not exactly what we want, is it? So what sets this product apart? That’s what we’re here to find out!
The Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set claims to whiten, brighten, and give your skin a clearer complexion in as little as 7 days. Don’t believe us? In just one week, the product is effective in clearing pimple marks, reducing the appearance of dark spots, and even giving the look of smaller pores. That means you’re basically getting your dream skin but without the long wait.
Yes, it does seem like a tall promise, but given the positive reviews that come with this product, we were excited to give it a try! The whole set comes with four different products:
- Kojic Soap,
- Rejuvenating Toner,
- Rejuvenating Cream, and
Read on to find out if this holy grail is as great it seems!
Benefits of the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set
Whether you’re a fan of rejuv sets or not, this item’s benefits are guaranteed to pique your curiosity. Want to know more? Here are a few of the benefits you’re getting when you start using this product:
- Whiter and brighter skin in just 7 days
- Reduced appearance of pimple marks and acne scars
- Faded dark spots
- Even skin tone
- Smaller-looking pores
- Removes whiteheads and blackheads as well as other forms of acne
- Micropeeling action keeps the skin looking youthful
- Sloughs off dead skin cells
- Treats melasma
- Removes fine lines and wrinkles
- Great for oily and acne-prone skin
- Mild and safe formula
Ingredients of the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set
We mentioned above that this is a set of four products. Let’s take each item one by one and look at the ingredient lists. As usual, take note if any ingredients are potential allergens to your skin.
Brilliant Skin Kojic Acid
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is quite common in many soaps as it is a potent clarifier and cleanser that can also produce tons of lathering for a luxurious feel. However, the oil can leave the skin feeling a little too dry in large concentrations. This product does not disclose the concentration percentage of coconut oil, but since it’s at the top of the list, it’s safe to say it’s a pretty big amount.
- Glycerin. The second most present ingredient in the soap is the powerful (and cheap) moisturizer, glycerin. Glycerin is super effective even at 3% concentrations, and the benefits only get better once the number goes higher. It keeps the skin lipids healthy while also restoring our skin barrier. This moisturizer is a non-irritant, making it perfect for all skin types.
- Salicylic Acid. A BHA effective in treating problem skin, such as blackheads, whiteheads, and even acne.
- Lactic Acid. A mild AHA that is also effective in exfoliating dead skin cells. Great for sensitive skin.
- Kojic Dipalmitate. This is a more stable derivative of kojic acid, an effective skin whitener.
- Fragrance. This is to mask the smell of the other ingredients. It can be a source of irritation for sensitive skin.
- Vitamin B3. Also known as niacinamide, this molecule is great at fading dark spots and evening out skin tone.
Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Facial Toner
- Ethyl Alcohol. A scary-sounding astringent, ethyl alcohol is only good in toners for oily skin. However, be warned if it’s the first thing you find on an ingredients list, as high concentrations will make the skin dry.
- Probylene Glycol. A stability enhancer that also works as a humectant, drawing moisture from the environment and sealing it into the outer layer of the skin.
- Allantoin. A skin-soothing ingredient that reduces redness and inflammation.
- Glycolic Acid. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and blemishes through exfoliation.
- Alpha-Arbutin. A melanin inhibitor that produces skin lightening. However, according to this ingredients database, alpha arbutin is yet to be backed up with enough credible sources when it comes to its superiority over beta arbutin.
- Hydroquinone. A skin-bleaching agent that removes dark spots and marks. However, it’s super harsh and can damage the skin in high concentrations. The FDA has even warned the public against use of this product due to its hydroquinone and tretinoin content.
- Tretinoin. A common prescription product used for the treatment of severe acne.
Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Cream
This product includes Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, and Fragrance, which we’ve already discussed above. Other ingredients are:
- Cetyl Alcohol. A smoothing and thickening agent, this ingredient keeps all the other ones in the formula intact. However, it is potentially comedogenic (meaning it can clog pores) and irritating.
- Dimethicone. Forms a protective barrier on the skin, acting as an occlusive.
- Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Extract). Witch hazel extract is a great antibacterial that helps to fight acne.
- Citric Acid. Another AHA, citric acid can buff the skin and gently remove dead skin cells through exfoliation while also helping sun-damaged skin.
- Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter). A wonderful natural moisturizer, cocoa can moisturize even the driest parts of the body, like chapped lips or dry hands. It contains healthy, nourishing fatty acids and vitamins.
Brilliant Skin Sunblock
- Titanium Dioxide. This sun-blocking ingredient filters UV rays from the sun that can damage the skin.
- Strawberry Extract, Cucumber Extract, and Chamomilla Recutita. These fruit extracts help build a solid layer of antioxidants that combat free radicals, which are often responsible for early signs of skin aging.
This product also contains Glycerin and Fragrance.
How to Use the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set
Precaution: This product can be potentially irritating to the skin. Patch test everything first before you start using them on your face.
- Kojic Soap — Apply the soap to damp skin and lather for 3 minutes before you rinse it off. Use it day and night.
- Rejuvenating Facial Toner — Apply the toner on a cotton pad and gently spread it across the neck and face in an upward motion. Use this twice a day for one month, then rest for another month before continuing use.
- Rejuvenating Facial Cream — Before bedtime, apply the cream all over your face in a gentle upward motion. Use this after your toner. Continue use for one month, then rest for another month before using it again.
- Sunblock SPF 30 — Apply a liberal amount onto the face 30 minutes before sun exposure. Use this daily in order to protect the skin from sun exposure during the exfoliation process. Reapply it every 2 hours for optimal results.
Where to Buy the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set
Enjoyed our Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set review? Go ahead and make the purchase. This product is available now on Lazada.
Okay, so there’s a lot to unpack here. If you’re not familiar with rejuvenating sets, they’re basically sets of four or five products that promise whiter, brighter skin — the perfect glass skin, if you will. But they’re also quite controversial for containing too many active ingredients, and even tricky ones like hydroquinone and tretinoin, which require the careful supervision of dermatologists.
So why do people love rejuv sets so much? For one thing, they’re incredibly affordable. One set complete with 5 different skincare products can cost the same as, let’s say, a single cleanser that will take months to produce visible effects.
But while rejuv sets act fast, plenty of dermatologists say they’re not great for long-term use. They’re also not recommended for someone with sensitive skin. So is the Brilliant Skin rejuv set any different? My take: not really. I was hesitant to try it and after a few days I already noticed mild irritation and redness in certain areas. The toner especially was harsh. The sunblock and night cream I didn’t really mind.
Unless you’ve had experience handling tretinoin and hydroquinone, this rejuv set is not for those with sensitive and dry skin as it can cause redness and irritation. It gives quick, visible effects, we’ll give it that. But I’m more worried about its long-term effects on my sensitive skin.
However, those who are “hiyang” with these products can certainly give it a go. I believe it’ll work better for those who have oily and acne-prone skin. Just remember to do your research or consult a dermatologist about proper use of hydroquinone and tretinoin, as those are the ingredients that could cause potential harm.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.