Table of Contents
Ryx Skincerity Rejuvenating Set Review
RYX Skincerity is one of the most popular brands when it comes to rejuvenating sets, and with good reason. You’ve probably heard of it from a friend of a friend who swears by the product in achieving the highly coveted glass skin effect, or stumbled upon Youtube videos reviewing it.
But rejuvenating skincare products have always been a little controversial. Some people find it to be their holy grail, while others believe that the products are a ticking time bomb that will eventually damage the skin in the long run.
Where does the RYX starter kit fall under? In this honest review, we share our experiences with the product as well as take a close look at the ingredients and benefits. Let’s get into it!
What to expect when using a rejuvenating set?
Using a rejuvenating set can be tricky. You’ll encounter products that warn you of peeling, redness, and itchiness as part of the process. After your skin recovers from it all is when you finally attain the highly sought-after glass skin effect.
No two rejuvenating sets are the same, though. Some contain harsh ingredients like hydroquinone and tretinoin, while others use ones that are less harmful (and you know, actually approved by the FDA) in the long run. But they share a few common goals, which are brightening the skin, removing dark spots and acne breakouts, and achieving glass skin.
RejuvenatingSets.com shares the following side effects that are common among most products as well as how to deal with them:
One of the most common complaints when it comes to rejuv sets is the side effect of redness. This goes for people of varying skin types, whether they have oily skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin. This is because the products in the set, especially the toner, act similarly to a chemical peel. The active ingredients remove dead skin cells at an insanely fast rate.
Combine that with the recommended daily use and your skin is bound to feel irritated. RejuvenatingSets.com advises that you stop using the set for 1-2 days if the redness becomes unbearable. This is also why the sets always come with a sun block which is important for protecting your face from dangerous UV rays, as the exfoliants in your products are going to sensitize it further and may cause sunburn without proper protection.
If you’re already thinking about buying a rejuvenating set, chances are, you’re anticipating a little bit of peeling — if not a lot. Again, this is also because the active ingredients in the products exfoliate your face at a rapid pace. Remember that most exfoliating products and toners aren’t meant to be used daily except in the case of rejuv sets. This is why they deliver instant results. Some people experience it on the third day, others a week into use.
In the case of unbearable peeling, you may stop using the set for 1-2 days, according to the same website. During this break, you will notice that your skin will start to peel more. Keep washing your face with lukewarm water and a gentle facial cloth. Just water, no soap. After 1-2 days, only mild peeling will occur.
This is another common side effect, but it is perhaps the most tolerable. The stinging often occurs after applying the toner and even when applying the creams like the sun block and PM cream.
Pimples & Breakouts
Acne marks and breakouts are another potential side effect which can occur within the period of usage. Unlike the other side effects, however, it is not recommended to stop using the products once you experience acne. If you’re stopping for the other symptoms above (redness, peeling, irritation) then you can apply the facial wash, toner, serum, and sunblock by using a cotton tip on the pimples.
About the RYX Skincerity Rejuvenating Set
Looking for the perfect rejuvenating set can be a bit of a hassle, right? It’s particularly tricky since you can rarely tell the difference between the side effects that show the product is working and the side effects that mean you should stop using the product immediately.
I mean, people always say there should be peeling and breakouts. It’s kind of like the storm before the calm. But peeling and breakouts also mean that your skin might just be damaged. So which is it? We lay down the main differences between purging and breakouts here.
But going back to the product at hand. If you’ve heard about the RYX Skincerity Starter Kit, you’ve probably heard it being talked about in a positive light. There’s a reason for that. Apart from its effectiveness, the RYX Skincerity beauty starter kit boasts no hydroquinone and no tretinoin. These ingredients, while not harmful in and of themselves, can have drastic effects when used without the supervision of a licensed dermatologist. So if you’re using it in an over-the-counter product like a rejuvenating set bought off Shopee, then that is a cause for concern.
What makes the RYX Skincerity Starter Kit special is its commitment to using safer alternatives. While this won’t guarantee that your skin is going to love it 100%, it is a safer bet to make. The product promises clear, blemish-free skin with a pinkish glow to keep you looking youthful and beautiful no matter what.
The RYX Skincerity set includes the following products in their packaging:
- Rejuvenating Facial Wash
- Rejuvenating Toner
- Rejuvenating Serum
- RYX Sunscreen SPF 60
Curious to know what else you’ll be getting with this product? Without further ado, let’s take a look at the benefits.
Benefits of the RYX Skincerity Rejuvenating Set
More than just a brightening facial wash, toner, and cream, the RYX Skincerity starter kit is perfect for those who want a safe yet effective introduction to the world of rejuvenating sets. Here are the benefits:
- Improves texture of skin
- Removes dead cells to reveal a brighter complexion
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for a stronger skin barrier
- Makes pores appear smaller
- Safe for pregnant and lactating moms
- Contains no bleaching cream
Ingredients of the RYX Skincerity Rejuvenating Starter Set
Now that we’ve laid down the benefits of the RYX Skincerity beauty starter set, we’ll take a look at the ingredients of each product. This is great for those of you who are a little bit skeptical about the contents or who are watching out for potential allergens. For each product, here is the formulation:
Rejuvenating Facial Wash
- Lemon Fruit Extract. This natural ingredient is a powerhouse that aids in removing scars, fading dark spots and blemishes, and unclogging dirt, as well as getting rid of oily skin. Since it works deep within the pores, it makes your skin look clearer.
- Tomato Fruit Extract. Tomato fruit extract used on the skin can have plenty of wonderful benefits, including stimulating collagen production and removing dirt and dead skin cells.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen. This is a dissolvable form of collagen peptides that aid in all-around skin health.
- L-Glutathione. A popular whitening agent, L-glutathione also is a great antioxidant.
- Hyaluronic Acid. This is an ingredient you’ll find in plenty of moisturizers and hydrating skincare products. It’s mainly popular thanks to its massive water binding abilities. It helps retain moisture to keep your barrier healthy and hydrated. Read more about how to use hyaluronic acid in your routine in our blog.
- Niacinamide. Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide is a molecule that reduces the appearance of dark spots, blemishes, pimple scars, and more.
- L-Ascorbic Acid. Another great lightening ingredient, this form of Vitamin C helps remove wrinkles, lightens dark spots, and provides protection from harmful UV rays.
- Retinol Palmitate. This form of Vitamin A is highly known for fighting early signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and uneven texture. It can also make your pores appear tighter.
- Ethanol. If you see the word alcohol and immediately run, don’t do that just yet. This ingredient is mainly present as a penetration enhancer that lets all the other goodies penetrate your skin easily. However, if your skin reacts negatively to any form of alcohol, then it’s best to steer clear.
- Vitamin E. Applied topically, vitamin E helps protect the skin from UV rays.
- Triethanolamine. This helps balance the pH levels of the skin. However, it can have negative side effects when used in the long run.
RYX Sunscreen SPF 60
- Shea Butter. This soothing ingredient has potent anti-inflammatory properties that help your skin feel nourished and smooth.
- Glycerin. This ingredient is what’s called a humectant. They attract moisture from the environment and absorb it into the skin.
- Cetyl Alcohol. An ingredient that helps soften and remove flakiness in skin.
- Titanium Dioxide. This ingredient is vital in sunscreen. Most protection comes from it — it works by filtering UV rays that may cause sun damage or worse, skin cancer.
Note: All the products contain fragrance.
How to Use the RYX Skincerity Rejuvenating Set
First things first, always perform a patch test before really diving into this starter kit. We always recommend first-time users of any product to patch test. To do this, simply take a small amount of the product and apply it behind your ears or on the inner crook of your elbows. Wait 24 hours and observe if any irritation, redness, or peeling occurs.
What do I put first in RYX Skincerity?
The RYX Skincerity beauty starter set is quite straightforward. The order of usage of each ingredient goes as follows:
- Step 1: Facial wash
- Step 2: Toner
- Step 3: Sunscreen.
The same order applies for the night routine but with the serum as the third and final step instead of the sunscreen.
- Rejuvenating Facial Wash — Dampen the face and apply a small amount. The facial wash does not lather. Rinse with lukewarm water after 30 seconds.
- Rejuvenating Toner — After using the facial wash, apply toner onto a cotton pad. Gently swipe it across the face and neck.
- Sunscreen — Use this as the final step of your daytime skincare routine after you apply your rejuvenating toner. Take a generous amount and apply it thoroughly and evenly all over the face and neck. This step is vital in protecting your skin from extensive sun damage. Reapply every 2 hours or as needed.
- Rejuvenating Serum — Used as the final step in your nighttime routine. After toning, take a generous amount and massage it evenly over your face and neck. Make sure to apply sunscreen the following morning!
How long should I use RYX rejuvenating set?
The RYX beauty starter kit is meant to be used for 30 days. After this, you may move on to the RYX Poreless Maintenance Set.
RYX Skincerity Video Review
Where to Buy the RYX Skincerity Starter Set
Ready to achieve poreless, clear skin? Shop this product on Lazada right now and get the best deals on price and shipping!
Looking for other options? Try the Brilliant Skin Rejuvenating Set.
Is RYX Skincerity FDA approved?
As per two recent announcements issued by the FDA, only the RYX Day and Night Facial Wash and RYX Sunscreen are non-compliant with their notification process. To check if a beauty or skincare product is compliant with the FDA’s guidelines, simply go to their website and search the product by name.
Okay, I have a ton of thoughts on this product. But let me just say right off the bat that before I even tried it, I was incredibly impressed.
The ingredients did not seem harsh at all (except for the alcohol, my sensitive skin could never). Plus, a quick Google search of the reviews showed a lot of positive feedback from both the seller and the customers. Being the curious cat I am, I was excited to try it. On another note, the seller I bought from was also very accommodating.
I still had a few reservations, though. While the formulation was relatively mild, I already anticipated some redness and peeling due to all the exfoliants present.
Another issue was the smell. Plenty of reviewers noticed the same smell in most of the products, which was a little bit disappointing. If you’re going to have fragrance in your skincare products, at least make it a good fragrance, you know? I’m not going to risk breaking out my skin for a smell that isn’t even nice! I want to at least smell pleasant, like cherry blossoms. A beautiful cherry blossom with mild breakouts.
But I digress. After about a week in, I barely noticed the smell, which wasn’t even a huge problem in the first place. Small wins!
The toner is perhaps the most mild I have tried. There is a stinging and some visible peeling on the forehead and chin. However, it disappeared around the second week and I was finally able to see clear skin. I love that it removes any dark spots and unevenness. I also noticed some red bumps on my forehead disappearing.
I haven’t finished the whole set yet, but when I say this is the best my skin has looked, believe me. There is a visible pinkish glow and it looks almost poreless, which until now I thought was impossible. I’m definitely curious to see if I can achieve glass skin. The downside is my skin does feel a little bit thinner and more sensitive (yes, even with the sunshield and serum), but that is to be expected.
If you want an effective rejuvenating kit without all the dangerous ingredients, we say go for this one. The packaging is clear when it comes to the ingredients, plus the instructions are very easy to understand.
My favorites from the set are the serum and the sunshield. The serum was very hydrating and creamy but also easily absorbed. But the best product was the sunblock. As someone with dry skin, my number one enemy is a sunblock that feels sticky and drying. But this one glides on and has a more watery consistency, which made me want to apply it every morning.
Its price is a little higher than other brands. If this is a dealbreaker for you, RYX also has a more budget-friendly version called the Clear Bomb set which promises similar effects for a lower price. You may opt for it instead and save a few hundred pesos. That said, this is a great rejuvenating kit so far.
How about you? Have you tried this product? If so, share your experiences in the comments below! We’d love to hear from you!
In the meantime, check out our site for more of the best content on skincare, makeup, beauty, and health!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.