Quick FX Sunblock Review
Sun exposure is one of the biggest culprits for the most stubborn skin problems. Everything from sun damage, aging, and even skin cancer can be traced back to the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays. This is why experts always recommend a broad spectrum sunscreen to help ease up the damage. But like any product, it’s a challenge to find the one that’ll fit right into our skincare regime.
Consider the Quick FX Sunblock a top contender, then. It’s an ultra-light, fast-absorbing sunblock with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Plus, it’s one of the few beauty items with high-quality formulation at a cheap price. Let’s learn more about it!
About Quick FX Sunblock Broad Spectrum UVA & UVB
Quick FX’s lineup is built on the philosophy of “less is more.” According to their website, the brand is a firm believer in the “Beauty of Less,” meaning less time spent, less clutter left behind results in an overall less complicated product.
The Quick FX Sunblock is, undoubtedly, a worthy member of their lineup. The broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection helps prevent skin aging and improves skin resilience, protecting the skin from the harmful effects of the sun that can cause skin damage.
Okay, let’s get into the nitty-gritty. You’ve probably heard the term UVA/UVB protection before, but why the need to shield the face from both UVA and UVB? Well, both are harmful rays but they target different layers of the skin. UVA rays go in deep — even way beyond the dermis, which is the thickest part of the skin. These are the rays that can cause early signs of aging and wrinkles. UVB rays, on the other hand, only burn the surface of the skin but can contribute to sunburns and sunspots. Prolonged exposure to UVB rays is what leads to skin cancer.
In this QuickFX Sunscreen review, we’ll be talking about the benefits of the product, its ingredients list, and where you can avail of one yourself. Read on to find out!
Benefits of the Quick FX Sunblock
According to its product description, the Quick FX Sunblock has the following pertinent benefits:
- SPF 50 PA++ UVA/UVB protection helps protect against skin diseases
- Effective in protecting against sun spots and discoloration
- Prevents sunburn and skin damage
- Lightweight, quick-absorbing formula that doesn’t feel greasy
- Includes natural soothing extracts to reduce the feeling of irritation after sun exposure
- Includes natural hydrating and moisturizing herbal extracts to prevent skin from drying up
Ingredients of the Quick FX Sunblock
The Quick FX Sunblock’s crowning glory is perhaps its almost all-natural ingredients list, formulated to be both soothing and hydrating while effectively guarding the skin from sun damage. Here are some of its notable ingredients:
- Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide. The main component of the sunblock and what comprises the SPF. The fact that both ingredients are present means that the product can safely guard one’s skin against both sun damage and photoaging. It also means that this product is a physical sunscreen.
- Adenosine. This ingredient helps prevent skin aging and also improves skin resilience by promoting the synthesis of collagen.
- Niacinamide. A powerful compound effective in fading dark spots and discoloration, niacinamide also acts as a skin lightening agent.
- Herb extracts. Select ingredients that tighten the skin for a reduced appearance of pores, some of which include Origanum Vulgare stem extract and blueberry fruit extract.
- Lotus Water. A powerful antioxidant also known as nelumbo nucifera flower water. This extract from the lotus flower can conceal minor imperfections in the skin while providing rehydration.
- BSASM. A blend of 7 extracts traditionally used in Asian medicine, BSASM is widely known for its calming powers and serves as the product’s main fighting force against sun-exposure irritation. It’s also a safe and effective agent against skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and acne, among others. To get specific, it includes chamomile (Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract), rosemary leaf extract, Japanese Knotweed (Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract), skullcap (Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract), and more.
- Sodium chloride. Controls product viscosity, making it lightweight and fast-absorbing.
How to Use the Quick FX Sunblock in Your Skincare Routine
As the last step to your skincare routine, take an appropriate amount into your hands and apply in circular motions all over the face. Use 15 minutes before exposure, making sure to apply liberally and evenly for better coverage. Can be used with makeup or as is. And remember to reapply as needed!
Where to Buy the Quick FX UV Rays Protection Sunblock
If you’re thinking of making the purchase, this sunscreen is available now on Lazada! Check out the website for the best deals and prices! The product is available in a 10g sachet and 30g tube.
We recommend the Quick FX Sunblock for those with oily skin as well as dry skin. It’s as lightweight and non-greasy as promised, and with the exception of a slight white cast, you won’t even feel it on your face. It’s one of the products you can count on to protect against the damaging effects of the sun’s rays effectively, whether you’re out and about or just staying at home. Definitely a must-have!
As someone with dry skin, I’m a huge fan of physical sunscreens. They’re proven effective against UV rays without potentially damaging the skin with nasty chemicals. But what’s great about this product is that it’s good for oily skin types, too. An added perk? The products are super affordable. The only downside is a slight white cast that leaves you looking a little pale and may make it less suitable for darker skin tones, but the sheen is nothing a little makeup can fix. Grab this if you’re in need of a hydrating, non-irritating sunscreen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a few questions about the ever-confusing world of beauty and skincare? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. We answer a few of your concerns here!
What is the best sunscreen in the Philippines?
When it comes to sunscreen, it’s definitely a “your mileage may vary” scenario, meaning you can’t rely on what works on others to work for you. Our skin is as unique as our fingerprints. If you’re looking for accessibility and affordability, however, the Quick FX Sunblock is undoubtedly your go-to. Other notable sunscreens include the Belo Tinted Sunscreen and Biore’s UV Rich Aqua Essence Sunscreen.
Which is the best sunblock for face?
Most problems with a sunblock for face is the white cast it leaves. The Quick FX sunblock can leave a slight white cast, but if that isn’t a dealbreaker for you, we recommend you purchase it now. If you’re someone with oily or acne-prone skin, many reviews also stand by the Quick FX product for its non-irritating and acne-preventing ingredients.
Is sunscreen different from sunblock?
For the purposes of this review, we’ve used the two terms interchangeably, and most professionals still do. However, it’s also believed that sunscreen refers to chemical products that penetrate the skin and scatter harmful sun rays. A sun block, on the other hand, refers to a protectant that sits on top of your skin to block out harmful rays.
Which sunscreen is best for all skin types?
In this review, we mentioned that the Quick FX sunblock is compatible with most skin types. But because beauty and skincare isn’t a one-size-fits-all deal, it’ll be hard to find one that works best for all the types out there. Our tip? Look for one that works for your specific condition so you won’t have to guess whether or not the products will work on your face. When you find one that you’re eyeing, read a review, or look for beauty bloggers that will be able to give you the rundown.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.