Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier Review
A good base is essential when wearing makeup regularly. Creases, fine lines, and oiliness are just some of the mishaps that can be avoided with a good primer dabbed on, and the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier promises to do just that. Infused with salicylic acid, chamomile, and tea tree extract, this cream can hide imperfections in just a few minutes.
You’ve probably seen this cream making the rounds on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and the occasional beauty blog. Let’s take a closer look at this so-called holy grail primer and put it to the test. Read our full Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier review to learn more!
About the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier
The Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier keeps your face grease-free with its all-day oil control and instant coverage for blemishes, fine lines, and enlarged pores. Its smooth and silky formula refines the complexion, giving your skin a shine-free smooth matte finish — perfect for any skin type and a reason why it’s attractive to many buyers.
What is no shine Mattifier?
The Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier works by creating a protective barrier on the surface of the skin that prevents pollutants away from the face, while locking in moisture at the same time. This action keeps oil production at bay, resulting in a grease-free makeup application and fewer pores or lines.
Benefits of the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier
This no-shine mattifier acts as a makeup base, primer, and oil controller in one. Its benefits include:
- Providing a clear, smooth makeup base
- Coverage for wrinkles and blemishes
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores
- Keeps oily skin grease-free
- Prevents pollutants from sticking to the skin
- Locks in moisture
- Prevent and treat pimples without drying the face
Sound like something you need in your beauty haul? Stay tuned as we tackle the ingredients that make up this formula.
Ingredients of the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier
One of the biggest perks of this cream is its natural formulation. For this Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier review, we’ll be taking a look at the ingredients that make up the product to see just how well they hold up.
- Salicylic acid. Can treat problem skin such as blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples by unclogging pores, which can lead to them looking “smaller”.
- Chamomile. A wonderful antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory. Effective as both a protector from free radicals and remover of any visible damage caused by acne and other irritants.
- Beeswax. This is the component that acts as a moisturizer, creating a barrier to lock in hydration while flicking away dirt and pollution.
- Tea Tree Extract. Another anti-inflammatory ingredient with soothing properties, it can also prevent breakouts by removing bacteria in acne-prone skin.
- Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. This gives the product its powdery-cream consistency.
Overall, the formula focuses on reducing oil, skin irritation, and prevention of future breakouts. While suitable for any skin type, it might work best on those with oily or acne-prone skin.
How to Use the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier
One of the most vital things in using any product is knowing how and when to apply it, beauty noob or not. Luckily, this product’s application is error-free and as easy as 1-2-3, making it the perfect option for a quick touch-up when we’re in a hurry. Here’s how to do it.
How do you use Mattifier?
If you plan on using this as a primer, make sure you have freshly-cleaned skin. Pat on problem areas and use your fingers to gently blend the cream onto your face. To use over makeup, take a small amount and apply delicately on problem areas using your fingertips.
Where to Buy the Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier
For anyone who wears make up on the daily and struggles with oily skin, this fuss-free mattifier is the way to go. It stays true to its promise and gives a smooth matte finish after application, and some reviews even liken it to a baby powder.
Another thing to love about it is the formula. It’s light and non-irritating, requires little reapplication, and actually makes a visible difference in the overall makeup look. It’s super travel-friendly, too, as it comes in a 10g sachet as well as a 30g tube, both of which fall under Php 300.
We love a product that can be applied in just a jiffy, and that’s exactly how this cream works. It really does help in decreasing oiliness, although those with oilier skin may need reapplication throughout the day. As for dry skin types, your mileage may vary: the cream (especially the salicylic acid) can be a little drying in large amounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a few questions about your favorite beauty product? Perhaps you’re wondering the right way to apply that new moisturizer? Here, we’ll be answering a few of your most asked questions regarding everything Quick FX beauty and cosmetics.
How do you use Quick FX products?
Quick FX has a lineup of almost every product out there, from a CC cream to a pimple eraser. Here’s a quick rundown on how to use each one:
- Pimple Eraser – Works as a spot treatment cream for pimples. Use it on pimples that are just about to pop. Note: this cream is not suitable for cystic acne. Learn more about the product in our full review.
- Sunblock – A titanium dioxide-based mineral sunscreen perfect for oily and sensitive skin types. Apply it daily!
- Eyelift Cream – Use this on clean skin, applying in a gentle outward motion underneath the eyes.
How do you use Quick FX tinted moisturizer?
The tinted moisturizer is great for girls who find full-coverage foundation too heavy. Apply the product onto clean skin with your fingertips using a gentle circular motion to fully cover the face.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.