We try the latest bleaching soap to reach the Philippines and cover everything in an honest manner to give you all the information that other Navarro bleaching reviews miss!
From spot treatments to deodorants and soaps to lotions, there are a ton of cosmetic products out there that claim to solve all uneven skin tone issues. Some have the ability to fade acne scars, while others don’t quite deliver such promises. One of the newest products in the Philippine market is Navarro’s Bleaching Soap, so how does it fare with the rest of its competition? Let’s find out.
Safety First! Before Using Navarro’s Bleaching Soap…
Before doing a skin patch test (which is a must for any bleaches or peelers), please consult with a dermatologist to make sure it is safe for you to use. Once you’ve been cleared, try out the bleaching soap on a patch of skin for a few days before using it on the rest of your body.
What is Navarro’s Bleaching Soap?
Navarro Bleach is a brand that has a few bleaching products under its belt, including a dry mix that can be turned into a cream, lotions and soaps. Today, we will solely be focusing on the latest product, the bleaching soap with the strawberry formula, weighing at 135 grams.
Simply put, the soap is for lightening your complexion, but it’s marketed beyond a simple skin lightener. In fact, it’s said to address a number of skin problems, including but not limited to the following:
- Uneven skin pigmentation or discoloration
- Dark spots
- Age spots
- Melasma, due to sun exposure or hormonal changes due to pregnancy
- Stretch marks
In addition to all of that, it’s also said to unclog pores, reduce enlarged pores, and even reduce body odor. Plus, it also has SPF 20, which offers some protection against the sun when you’re outside.
Navarro’s Bleach Ingredients
The soap contains three potent ingredients: Milk, bleach and AHA strawberry serum.
Each ingredient has its own benefits:
- Milk – a gentle and nourishing cleanser that eliminates impurities, shedding dead skin cells and a dull surface to reveal new, soft, moisturized skin. Its antibacterial effects keep the skin acne-free and prevents premature aging.
- Bleach – lightens any dark patches or spots due to sun damage, hormonal changes, acne scars, etc.
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) Strawberry Serum – a natural exfoliant that speeds up the shedding process. It visibly brightens skin and also has anti-aging effects. Also helps unclog pores and reduces enlarged pores.
Navarro’s Bleach Before and After
Rumored to be the most effective whitening soap in the Philippines, Navarro Bleaching Soap functions beyond just a skin lightener. According to the ingredients and their effects mentioned earlier, the soap:
- Whitens skin
- Repairs skin
- Renews skin
- Moisturizes skin
- Improves elasticity/Tightens skin
- Reduces acne and blemishes
Many customers have taken their before and after shots and shared their results on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. With day by day comparisons, results are actually instantaneous, with some able to see a difference even after the first day of use.
But instead of me talking about how effective the soap is, have a look at these Instagram posts and see for yourself:
Is Navarro’s Bleach Safe?
Having any skincare product that says “bleach” can be concerning, and any responsible consumer would and should question the safety of such items, and Navarro’s Bleach is no exception.
While its unknown what specific formula of bleach is used, Navarro’s Bleach Soap does NOT contain:
- Mercury – used in some skin lightening products BUT associated with neurological and kidney impairment
- Ammonia – helps create lather in skincare products BUT can cause irritation and burns, especially for dry and sensitive skin
- Hydroquinone – improves hyperpigmentation BUT increases sensitivity to sun, and also may have carcinogenic effects
Though it doesn’t seem to contain any dangerous substances, YouTuber Makeup ni Maria says that the soap will irritate those with sensitive skin, like her. While the soap worked for the rest of her body, the bleaching soap didn’t bode so well with her face. She recommends a skin patch test on BOTH your arm and neck.
The product is safe to use for expecting and nursing mothers, given they don’t have sensitive or dry skin. However, skin type can vary during any hormonal changes, thus regardless if you’re pregnant/lactating or not, you should always talk to your physician or a dermatologist before using any new products.
How to Use Navarro’s Bleach
Navarro’s bleach instructions are quite easy to follow, but be aware the soap can be used on both the face and body with separate instructions for each.
For your face
- Wet soap, then rub in between hands to produce lather. ONLY USE THE LATHER ON YOUR FACE, NOT THE SOAP.
- Lightly apply the lather in circular motions to gently cleanse face and neck. DO NOT RUB PRODUCT ONTO SKIN.
- Thoroughly rinse face and neck, then pat dry with a soft towel.
Note: There is no need to rub the product into the skin, since the soap has natural exfoliants that work their magic upon skin contact.
For your body
- Rinse soap all over the body to produce lather.
- Leave lather on body for 3-5 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse body, then pat dry pat body dry with a soft towel.
There are a few things you should avoid when using the product:
- Do not rub the soap or lather on your skin. Always be gentle when lathering.
- Do not use around eyes.
- Do not use on dry patches of skin, rashes or wounds.
- Do not use in place of your deodorant.
- Do not leave product on for more than 20 minutes.
- Do not pull on peeling skin. You can lightly exfoliate in the shower with a loofah to remove the flaky skin.
For optimal results, use sunscreen in your daily beauty routine as your main protection against the sun and to counter any further damage from UV rays.
Navarro’s Bleach Side Effects
The caution label on the product reads as follows:
For external use only. Do a skin test before using this product.
You may feel a bearable tingling and itching sensation during bleaching.
Do not rub/scratch the skin to avoid rashes. Do not apply on open wounds.
Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if irritation persists.
Store in a cool dry place.
So is Navarro bleach safe? Following all instructions and precautions, results should be favorable. However, the formula can feel drying (even though it technically isn’t), which is to be expected, considering the soap speeds up the natural process of skin peeling. So around the fourth or fifth day (and in some cases, as early as the third day), skin will feel dry and peel.
Your skin pH on your face is very different from the rest of your body, so while a skin patch test on your arm might show no signs of irritation, you cannot assume that the same will apply to your face. Redness may occur if your face is generally sensitive to most products.
If the product is improperly used, side effects include burning, itching, redness, and rashes.
Navarro Bleach – Where to buy?
Normally sold at 300 PHP per piece, you can buy the bleaching soap here on Pretty Me or check the best price on Lazada. Lazada may be regarded as the more favorable option for buying products because of the numerous payment options. Plus, it might be more convenient for new customers who are more familiar with shopping via Lazada than our own website. But which ever option you choose, we will ensure that your order is shipped out quickly and professionally.
Product Featured in this Post
Navarro’s Bleaching Soap
Looking for a face and body soap that can treat blemishes such as uneven skin tone and age spots? Navarro’s Bleaching Soap is in all-in-one whitening cleansing bar that offers corrective benefits that will instantly improve your complexion. Whether you’ve got scars that need help fading, acne spots that need to be cleared, or sun damage that has created different pigmentation all over your body…
Sheena is the lead fashion writer here at Pretty Me Philippines and has contributed articles for numerous lifestyle blogs and online publications. Other than keeping up with the latest trends, she loves baking and home DIY projects.