Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask Review
The beloved skincare company is back with another sleeping mask, this time powered by avocado oil extract and encapsulated retinol. Similar to their Watermelon Mask, the Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask serves as an overnight nourishing facial mask that gently exfoliates your face while you’re off in dreamland so you can wake up to rejuvenated and fresh skin every day!
Suitable for all skin types, the Avocado Melt Retinol overnight cream boasts a mild formulation that gently wards off signs of aging, environmental skin damage, and skin barrier aggressors. Want to know if this overnight cream is worth the hype? Read our review until the end to find out!
About the Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask by Glow Recipe
Glow Recipe is perhaps most widely known for creating a wide range of products that address different needs of each individual in a sustainable, cruelty-free way.
True to the philosophy of their company, Glow Recipe has created a unique exfoliating and rejuvenating overnight treatment that combines the best of organic, fruit-based antioxidants and a mild form of dermatologist favorite, retinol.
Avocado contains vitamin C and vitamin E which are known to be potent antioxidants, helpful in warding off early signs of skin aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol, on the other hand, aids in faster skin cell turnover to keep the complexion looking fresh and youthful.
Benefits of the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask for Your Skin
Sleeping masks are a wonderful way to incorporate much-needed nutrients into our skin. They’re low-maintenance, eco-friendly, and even budget-friendly compared to some sheet masks. But what exactly makes this product stand out from the rest? Let’s take a look at a few of its benefits here:
- Evens out skin tone
- Hydrates to reveal glowing complexion
- Beauty product with a mild formulation for all skin types
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles
Ingredients of the Glow Recipe Avocado Retinol Sleeping Mask
What other ingredients does this nourishing cream contain? You’d be surprised to find out just how many powerhouse properties are present. Let’s take a look at the list here.
- Avocado. One of the most nutrient-dense fruits, avocado fruit extract and avocado oil both help fight off free radicals in the skin that cause wrinkles, fine lines, etc. The avocado fruit extract and oil are also responsible for the soothing effect of the product.
- Encapsulated retinol. Known as one of the mildest forms of retinol, this ingredient aids in keeping the skin firm and smooth. Encapsulation stabilizes the retinol, making it the ideal option for a stay-on product such as this one.
- Butylene glycol & Caprylyl Glycol. Both of these are multi-tasking moisturizing ingredients, great at keeping the skin feeling smooth and nice as well as enhancing the effectiveness of other ingredients.
- PHA. Another gentle exfoliator that removes dirt and dead skin cells to reveal a brighter complexion.
- Matcha. It contains EGCG, a natural compound with wonderful antioxidant properties.
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice. Aloe vera is one of the world’s most beloved skincare remedies, and its leaf juice is known to have multiple healing properties when applied topically. As part of an overnight treatment, it restores moisture as well as keeps the skin soothed, aloe vera being a wonderful anti-inflammatory.
- Hyaluronic acid. The presence of hyaluronic acid in products means they’re a great moisturizer, so we can definitely say this is a hydrating mask. HA is a powerhouse water-binding ingredient that allows our barrier to lock in moisture.
- Ginger root extract. The extract of ginger actually contains potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Why have one natural extract when you could have plenty? This vegan and cruelty-free beauty must-have includes potent antioxidants such as:
- Rosemary leaf extract
- Lavandula angustifolia flower/leaf/stem extract
- Matricaria flower extract
- Persea gratissima
- Rosmarinus officinalis
- Malachite extract
- Safflower seed extract
Other notable parts of the ingredient list include:
- Potassium chloride
- Potassium phosphate
- Cetearyl alcohol
- Sodium phosphate
- Benzyl ether myristate
- Citric acid
- Stearic acid
- Glyceryl stearate
- Silica dimethyl silylate
- Hydrated silica
- Sodium citrate
- Sodium hydroxypropylsulfonate laurylglucoside crosspolymer
- Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate
How do you use an avocado melt sleeping mask?
As an overnight restoring formula, simply use this cream as the last step in your nighttime routine. Apply a generous amount on the face using the fingers to pat. Wash it thoroughly in the morning.
The same process applies when used as a wash-off cream: scoop an ample amount and gently pat onto your face. Rinse with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
To use during the daytime, apply the cream after the treatment part of your daily regimen, making sure to apply sunscreen afterwards as the exfoliating components might cause photosensitivity. Reapply sunscreen as needed.
Where to Buy the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask
As far as beauty products go, this one is an incredible mix of exfoliating and hydrating properties. It feels light enough and packs enough moisture so as to offset the drying properties of retinol. While it might leave a little pillow stain, there’s definitely enough redeeming qualities here to make this a staple in one’s nighttime self-care regimen.
When the brand talks about a unique skincare experience, they really mean it. The rich and creamy texture makes you feel so hydrated and leaves your face feeling extra soft in the morning. Results may vary on your skin’s type, but I find this works wonders for my dry skin while still removing dead skin cells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there something you want to learn in the world of skincare? Leave a comment below and keep our community growing!
Is glow recipe a Korean brand?
Glow Recipe was co-founded by Korean-American beauty and skincare entrepreneurs, making them more of an American brand that is heavily inspired by Korean skincare products.
How often should you use watermelon glow sleeping mask?
Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow overnight treatment can be used as often as everyday as the last part of your nighttime routine. This popular item is something we also reviewed a while back, so be sure to check that out on our site.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.