Table of Contents
Fresh Formula Blemish Rescue Series Review
Do you have oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin? Or perhaps, all of the above? No need to worry. Fresh Formula has exactly what you need.
The Fresh Formula Blemish series is a four-step rescue kit for those who have trouble treating their acne. With regular use, you too can get a flawless complexion with a golden glow, thanks to natural ingredients like Vitamin E, Indian Soap Berry, and more. Read on to see how.
About the Fresh Formula Blemish Rescue Series
Fresh Formula is a local skincare brand that launched in July of 2019. Since then, they’ve developed a cult following: their skincare sets aim to address the average Filipino’s most pressing skincare concerns with natural ingredients and a local touch.
The sister brand of local makeup company Colourette Cosmetics, Fresh Formula has three main skincare sets designed to treat different needs and geared for any skin type. These are the Fresh Formula Moisture Boost Series, the Fresh Formula Glass Skin Series, and the Blemish Rescue series that we’ll be reviewing right now.
This Fresh Formula package contains four products:
- Fresh Formula Skin Doctor Acne Defense Facial Wash
- Fresh Formula Blemish Doctor Anti-Acne Facial Toner
- Fresh Formula Doctor Blur Oxygenated Day Cream SPF 45
- Fresh Formula Doctor Clear Overnight Repair Cream
Want to see if this Skin Doctor can treat your concerns? Let’s take a look below.
Benefits of the Fresh Formula Blemish Series
Dying to achieve a blemish-free, glowing complexion? This Fresh Formula skincare set boasts the following benefits:
- Clears problematic skin
- Great if you have a combination, oily, or normal skin type
- Controls acne
- Gently exfoliates to reveal brighter skin
Ingredients of the Fresh Formula Blemish Rescue Series
Fresh Formula Skin Doctor Acne Defense Facial Wash
- Indian Soap Berry — Fans of natural skincare will be familiar with the benefits of soap berry saponins for the skin. They’re gentle, cleansing, and don’t alter the skin’s pH levels too much, unlike the processed chemicals found in commercial soaps. Indian soap berry is perfect for a facial wash that isn’t too harsh on the skin.
- Wintergreen Extract — This plant extract is mainly used for anti-aging properties as well as a natural exfoliant, giving the Skin Doctor Facial Wash more potent cleansing action.
- Willow Bark Extract — This next ingredient works almost the same way, except it has the added function of soothing irritated skin. It contains salicin, the ingredient from which salicylic acid is derived, making the Skin Doctor Facial Wash packed with anti-acne and exfoliating properties.
- Tea Tree Oil — Anyone with problematic skin will be no stranger to tea tree oil. It’s a favorite for its antiseptic abilities, making it a great natural exfoliant that controls excess oil. It is one of many exfoliating ingredients found in the Skin Doctor Facial Wash.
Fresh Formula Blemish Doctor Anti-Acne Facial Toner
- Witch Hazel Extract — Another favorite among those with grease-prone skin, witch hazel extract is famous for its antimicrobial properties. You’ll find it in many skincare products that treat severe pimples and blemishes. In this toner, witch hazel extract does just that.
- Niacinamide — Vitamin B3 is well-known for its multipurpose approach to treating skin problems. It fades dark spots, keeps the skin barrier intact and healthy, and also soothes irritation, balancing out the exfoliants found in the toner.
- Glycolic Acid — This chemical skin exfoliant is part of the AHA class of actives and it’s mainly found in anti-aging skin products for its well-documented benefits when used on sun-damaged skin.
- Lactic Acid — A milder AHA than glycolic acid, this lactic acid is perfect for those who struggle with easily irritated skin and don’t want to damage their complexion with harsh products or ingredients, making it one of the more delicate actives found in the Doctor Blur toner.
- Hyaluronic Acid — Hydration is vital when you’re using exfoliants, especially in toner form. HA helps the skin hold on to moisture, preventing water loss and severe damage to the barrier.
- Vitamin C — This natural compound keeps the complexion appear bright, even, and free from sun damage. However, the presence of AHAs in the same skincare product, such as in the Doctor Blur toner, might make it less effective.
- Ethyl Alcohol — An outdated ingredient found in many toners, ethyl alcohol is now known to be irritating. In a toner, it’s mostly used to enhance the penetration ability of other ingredients.
Fresh Formula Doctor Blur Oxygenated Day Cream SPF 45
- Collagen — Hydrolyzed collagen benefits those who show early signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. We love that it’s found in a sunscreen-slash-day cream, giving an added repair feature to supplement the protection.
- Elastin — Similar to hydrolyzed collagen, elastin is perfect for repairing extensive sun damage, keeping it plump and youthful. In this cream, it also keeps our complexion radiant.
- Benzophenone-3 — This is a chemical ingredient found in what is called a chemical sunscreen. It’s effective in filtering out harmful rays of sun, but many experts don’t recommend using it because it is too absorbent. Case in point: it can be detected in urine after only a few hours of use.
- Zinc Oxide — On the other hand, zinc oxide is an example of an ingredient you’ll find in a physical sunscreen. This is the kind of ingredient that simply sits on top of your skin to fend off UV rays.
Fresh Formula Doctor Clear Overnight Repair Cream
- CoQ10 — Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, is an organic compound that contains antioxidant properties. Our bodies produce it naturally, and it’s a pretty cool ingredient that has plenty of benefits. In this cream, its purpose ranges from protection to hydration.
- Beta Glucan — Beta glucan is a natural compound, also another multipurpose skincare star. In this night cream, beta glucan works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and signs of aging while keeping it firm and radiant.
- Vitamin A — This helps reduce sun damage by inhibiting the process that breaks down collagen. Its active form is also known as a retinoid.
- Algae Extract — Also known as sea kelp extract, algae extract helps moisturize and tone our complexion while also targeting problematic complexions to reduce the appearance of pimples, blemishes, and wrinkles, giving this cream its repairing properties.
Another selling point of this Fresh Formula skincare set is its convenience. In just three steps, you’ll be welcoming brighter, smooth, and softer skin. Here’s how:
Step 1. In the morning, take a small amount of the Skin Doctor Facial Wash and massage it onto damp skin. Rinse with lukewarm water after 30 seconds.
Step 2. Next, take a cotton pad and apply a few drops of the Blemish Doctor Toner. This will help further clarify as well as go deep into the pores to remove impurities. Note: if irritation or stinging occurs, discontinue use.
Step 3 (Day). Since the toner can make you photosensitive, it’s important to apply a generous amount of the Doctor Blur Day Cream/Sunscreen, whether or not you’re going out!
Step 3 (Night). At night, simply repeat steps 1-2 and swap out the day cream for the Doctor Clear Night Cream.
Where to Buy the Fresh Formula Blemish Series
Enjoyed our Fresh Formula Blemish Rescue Series review? Try it out for yourself. This skincare set is available on Lazada! Hop on over to the website for the best deals and prices.
Also available are the Glass Skin Series and Moisture Boost Series from the same brand. The Glass Skin Series and the Moisture Boost Series skincare sets feature beloved ingredients such as green tea extract, witch hazel, vitamin C, vitamin E, horse chestnut, alpha arbutin, gotu kola, and so many more!
For this part of the review, I’ll be sharing my first impressions of this Fresh Formula set as well as my final thoughts on the product after use. Do note that I have not finished the 30 days needed, so my experience may be different from yours.
First impressions first: this is one of their skincare sets that is designed mainly for those who struggle with a complexion that is prone to pimples, zits, and/or excess oil. The cream, toner, and facial wash are all loaded with tons of exfoliating ingredients, which I wasn’t too excited about. It’s claimed to be safe for those who are easily irritated, but plenty of reviews seem to agree that the products are a little harsh.
Since this Fresh Formula set aims to treat pressing skincare concerns, its products are aptly named Skin Doctor, Doctor Blur, Blemish Doctor, and Doctor Clear, because who else would we trust more than professionals?
Unfortunately, this is one Skin Doctor that has given me the wrong prescription. The facial wash felt a little too stripping for my taste, but I already know I’m not hiyang with tea tree oil. Because my face felt tight (and I didn’t apply moisturizer so I could really see the product’s results), I waited a few minutes before applying the toner.
The Blemish Doctor, much like the Skin Doctor facial wash, also contained a lot of exfoliating ingredients — which didn’t really help my case. I anticipated the stinging sensation, but it still did not feel pleasant. At all.
But while I didn’t have a positive experience with the facial wash and toner, the cream products yielded different results. I wasn’t too sure about the Doctor Blur day cream because of its Benzophenone-3 content, but at least it didn’t sting. The only product I was 100% positive about was the Doctor Clear night cream, which felt like a really thick moisturizer. Some reviews say it’s too heavy, but I didn’t really mind since I wouldn’t be using it outside. I could see myself finishing the whole bottle/tub.
In short: Skin Doctor & Blemish Doctor are my no-no’s, while the Doctor Blur cream sits in the middle but still has some unforgivable ingredients. However, I could see the toner to be effective as a spot treatment, so I’ll keep my bottle just in case I need it.
The one I really liked is the night cream, which was so thick that it felt like I was getting a moisture boost. It definitely helps to have a moisturizer when using this set if you suffer from dryness and dehydration like I do, and this product is as good as any moisturizer with added anti-aging benefits.
Did I get the much-coveted golden glow? I would say no, but you may yet have a different and more positive experience.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.