Table of Contents
Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set Review
Do you sometimes dream of having the perfect skin? No wrinkles, age spots, pimple marks, fine lines, or dullness — just plump, smooth, and hydrated skin all around. It might sound impossible, but don’t lose hope.
The Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set claims to be the best solution for your skin needs. In just one month, you can welcome brighter, more hydrated, and clearer skin. Let’s find out just how Fairy Skin does it in this full review.
About the Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set
Rejuvenating sets are 4-product skincare packages usually used for 30 days. In this span of time, they are able to clear away acne marks, blemishes, wrinkles, and other common skin problems in order to reveal clearer, whiter skin.
The Fairy Skin set has the same promises. In just a month, you get younger-looking skin, free of sun spots, acne marks, hyperpigmentation, and early aging. They also claim to provide the much-coveted “glass skin” popularized by Korean beauty gurus. The best part? All these benefits and more are available at a reasonable price, as the Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set costs less than Php 300!
But first, let’s take a closer look at the products in this set to see if they pass the test. The Fairy Skin Facial Set includes the following:
- Fairy Skin Derma Soap
- Fairy Skin Facial Toner
- Fairy Skin Sunblock Cream Gel
- Brightening Cream
Benefits of the Fairy Skin Derma Set
Every derma set has its own set of promises, and most of them are very similar — treat acne, whiten the skin, and achieve younger-looking skin. The Fairy Skin Derma Set is no different, but we’ll have to find out if it keeps its promises. Here are some of the advantages you’re getting when you try it out:
- Can easily remove dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin
- Eliminate acne-causing bacteria
- Treats and prevents severe cases of melasma and acne
- Effective in penetrating pores to reduce break-outs
- Prevents damage caused by sun exposure
- Helps achieve younger-looking skin
- Whitens dark spots, acne marks, and other discoloration
Ingredients of the Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set
Remember that checking the ingredients of any skin care product is a must, dear readers — even those of your favorite ones. Whether you have oily, dry, or sensitive skin, it’s crucial that you have a good idea of what goes on your face. You wouldn’t want to potentially damage what isn’t broken in the first place. That’s why we’re taking a look at the core ingredients of every product in this package. Let’s start.
Fairy Skin Derma Soap
- Kojic Acid — We all know this as a potent skin brightener. It’s also an effective natural ingredient that dermatologists love. In the Fairy Skin Derma Soap, it helps slowly clear away brown spots and hyperpigmentation on the face without being too stripping.
- Sunflower Oil — I love it when cleansers pack in extra moisturizing ingredients into their formula because if there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s the super dry feeling after you wash your skin. The sunflower oil hydrates and nourishes the skin without clogging your pores.
- Coconut Oil — Coconut oil is also known to eliminate acne-causing bacteria. However, in large amounts, it can potentially clog the pores as it is a comedogenic oil.
- Glycerin — A favorite in the skincare industry, this ingredient is a highly-moisturizing natural humectant that helps the skin hold onto water better. It also helps dry skin shed dead skin cells better, as well as guard it from irritation. A skin care superstar, if we do say so ourselves!
- Vitamin E — In skincare, vitamin E is a key player in getting rid of toxins in the skin, making it an ultra potent antioxidant. Some studies also point to photoprotection properties, meaning it can also guard the skin from harmful effects of sun exposure.
Fairy Skin Sunblock Cream Gel
- Titanium Dioxide — You’ll often find this in physical sunscreens. Titanium dioxide offers an added layer of protection against harmful UV light from the sun that is the culprit for many common skin problems, including fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- Niacinamide — Another skincare superstar in the Fairy Skin Derma Facial set is the brightening anti-aging ingredient niacinamide. It’s notably multifunctional, targeting different skin problems at once without being too harsh. It whitens dark spots, helps reduce break outs, and promotes a healthy skin barrier. It’s also a widely tolerable ingredient, making it safe for almost any skin type, including sensitive skin.
Fairy Skin Brightening Cream/Night Cream
- Retinol — An anti-aging ingredient that promotes faster skin cell turnover, which helps remove dead skin cells faster to reveal a youthful complexion. However, it can make for photo-sensitive skin, so be sure to use your Sunblock Cream daily to prevent burning or damage.
- Mineral Oil — This accessible ingredient is widely used (and a little controversial) and widely known for its moisturizing capabilities. It’s very safe to use and simply acts as a moisturizing component in the Fairy Skin Brightening Cream formula, but if you want to know more about its pros and cons, take a look at this article by INCIdecoder.
- Alpha Arbutin — Not just a whitening ingredient, alpha arbutin is also known to fight age spots and help you achieve glowing skin.
- Sodium Citrate — Preserves the pH level of the brightening cream/night cream to keep the formula stable.
With rejuvenating sets like Fairy Skin, it’s always difficult to tell what is going to work and what is not. Plenty of users rave about its brightening effects, while others say the peeling process is too much. It is common knowledge that derma sets can be harsh on the skin due to the high concentration of actives found in the products, which is why those who have sensitive skin are recommended to stay away from it.
The Fairy Skin Derma Facial Set has not yet disclosed the ingredients of all their products, but it does not seem to be any more risky than the usual rejuv set as long as you know what to expect with the side effects. Always perform a patch test before trying out the product to weed out any potential allergic reactions.
Is fairy skin approved by FDA?
How do you use Fairy Face Derma Facial Set?
Step 1: Derma Soap. Lather the soap on your damp face and massage gently in an upward motion. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Use this as your daily cleanser.
Step 2: Facial Toner. Apply toner onto a cotton ball or cotton pad and spread evenly across the skin with an upward motion.
Step 3: Sunblock Cream. Take a generous amount and apply evenly across the face and neck in an upward motion.
Step 3: Brightening Cream. At night, swap out your sunblock for the night cream to lock in moisture as well as exfoliate your facial skin while you rest. Use it every day, preferably before bed time.
How long should you use Fairy Skin Derma Set?
The Fairy Skin Derma Set should be used for 30 days or 1 month.
Where to Buy the Fairy Skin Derma Set
Ready to get glowing skin? The Fairy Skin Derma Set is available right now on Lazada. Check out the website for the best deals and prices! They also have other variants such as the Fairy Skin Glowing Set.
Like many rejuv sets I’ve tried, this one has its highs and lows. Highs: I loved the facial soap and the sun cream; neither was too drying and the sun cream was especially pleasant on the face. However, I’m unsure how true the SPF 40 rating is, considering other reviews have expressed their own doubts. I use it along with my own sunblock as added protection and I also like to reapply it throughout the day, preferably every 2 hours.
Lows: the toner and brightening cream. I found the toner to be ultimately too harsh, and the lack of verifiable ingredients is a huge no for me. I experienced peeling at around the third day of use, but immediately I found that my eczema was triggered, especially around the nose area. I found that I couldn’t even apply a light BB cream without feeling irritated.
There is no doubt, however, that it is super effective at penetrating pores and unclogging them because I noticed fewer blackheads the more I used the product. Unfortunately, it wasn’t very helpful for the severe cases of cystic acne I often experience.
So there you have it! Using this derma set was definitely a unique experience. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy using their toner as I didn’t find it helpful for my type of acne, but it did help clear away minor blackheads as well as whiten other discoloration. As always, though, your mileage may vary! What works for my dry, sensitive skin may be a winner for you. No matter the case, we hope this guide was helpful in your skincare journey!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.