Table of Contents
Apotheke Science Spot Treatment Review
Have a few annoying pimples that pop out every now and then? Perhaps you’re trying to unclog your pores and your current products just don’t work? No matter the case, you must have heard of the Spot Treatment by Apotheke Philippines. This vitis vinifera-infused treatment serum works great for any skin type that may be experiencing some acne-related problems. Let’s get into the review.
About the Apotheke Science Spot Treatment
If you’ve been following the local skincare scene, then you’ll be familiar with the brand Apotheke. The name has since gained popularity due to its unique service: the products in its 7-step lineup are crafted by a molecular biologist and a medical doctor. Each item is expertly crafted to solve even the most stubborn skin problems for all skin types. Their line includes best-selling must-haves such as the Pure Castile Facial Wash, Niacinamide 10%, Brightening Night Serum, Firming Toner, and Detoxifying Face Mask. Now, we’re going to review another member of the beloved brand.
The Apotheke Philippines Spot Treatment is perfect for guys and gals with acne-prone skin who can’t seem to make any progress with their current beauty regimen. Free of alcohol and parabens, this product has an ingredient list that’s formulated to accommodate almost any skin type. It uses tea tree oil to get rid of bacteria deep within the skin that can cause acne, eczema, and more. Among its natural components are vitis vinifera, azadirachta indica, and lavendula angustifolia.
Benefits of the Apotheke Science Spot Treatment for the Skin
Want to see what the public has been raving about? You might find what’s missing in your skincare/beauty products right here. Here are just a few of the things you’re getting when you purchase this spot treatment serum:
- Free of alcohols, parabens, sulfates, and other possible allergens; EWG-safe
- Fights against the propionibacterium acnes that cause pimples
- Contains natural ingredients that soothe inflammation and bacteria in the skin
- Clears acne spots in just a few days
- Unclogs pores and makes them appear smaller
- Non-drying, low-pH level product
- Contains no fragrances
- Formulated by a doctor and scientist
Ingredients of the Apotheke Science Spot Treatment
Wonder what gives this “holy grail” skincare item its wonderful effects? All the positive reviews may be a result of the natural (and super potent) EWG-safe ingredients list. Let’s review the core ingredients found in the bottle:
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil. Possibly one of the most common essential oils, the effects of tea tree extract on acne spots has been well-documented. Decades of information from reviews and studies have pointed to this ingredient’s potent anti-acne properties. It’s also shown to have fewer side effects than the gold standard of acne treatment, 5% benzoyl peroxide. There is a ton more geeky information in that link, so be sure to read it.
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract. Green tea isn’t just great as your favorite hot drink. Its antioxidant properties work well as a skincare ingredient. In fact, its positive effects go far beyond protecting the skin from free radicals; studies show it’s also a fantastic UV protectant, anti-aging ingredient, and even an antimicrobial.
- Vitis Vinifera. Vitis vinifera, also known as grape seed, is another natural ingredient found in this product. As with many natural ingredients, vitis vinifera is an excellent antioxidant. However, it’s also a suitable oil for skin prone to acne breakouts. Vitis vinifera also calms inflamed skin and promotes moisture absorption.
- Azadirachta Indica. Commonly known as the neemtrea extract, it can be helpful in reducing the microbes in our skin that contribute to acne. Its oil form, however, can be an irritant. Plenty of information from studies has found the extract to be better as an antibacterial than its oil form.
The item is also free of fragrances, alcohol, and parabens.
How to Use the Apotheke Science Philippines Spot Treatment
After cleansing and toning, put a very tiny drop on your finger. Apply gently on active pimples only and not on the entire face. Some people may experience a stinging sensation in the beginning, but it is normal and nothing to worry about.
As seen in the photo, the packaging is the same as the Niacinamide, a brown bottle with a dropper.
Where to Buy the Apotheke Science Spot Treatment
The Apotheke Science Spot Treatment can be purchased on Lazada. Head over to the website now for all the best deals, prices, and more! Check out other products from Apotheke Science, including their toner and facial wash.
Initial thoughts: I definitely don’t mind the scent of the product. While some might say it smells like olive oil or even aloe vera, I thought its herbal smell was quite relaxing. I also appreciate that the product contains no allergens, sulfates, fragrances, or alcohol. It promises to unclog pores and treat pimples.
TBH, this is just in time, as I’ve been experiencing breakouts that just don’t seem to go away. Up until this point, I’ve been using a way more expensive spot treatment cream prescribed by my skin doctor. While it was effective in clearing my face of its acne, the price point was a little higher than what I would usually repurchase. Apotheke’s spot treatment, on the other hand, costs only a fraction of its price.
To get one thing out of the way, I’m usually averse to using products with tea tree oil or extract. I’ve had my fair share of it in a facial wash I tried, and it caused my skin to sting, hard. That’s how I found out I had sensitive skin.
But since this product is meant to be used only on acne spots and clogged pores, I decided to give it a try! Reviews pointed to its effectiveness in zapping out pesky zits, and the information surrounding its ingredients seems to be backed by research. Plus, an item free of sulfates and parabens seemed attractive to me.
So I set out to give this a go. My skin was fully ready to cooperate because a terrible red spot appeared in a place where I usually don’t get breakouts. Before sleeping, I applied a generous amount onto the spot and it did sting a little, but I took that to be a good sign, I guess. The next morning the bright red spot had shrunk into a less offensive mark. Yay!
Have your own experiences with the product? Share it with us in a comment below!
Pair this spot treatment with the Aloe Grow Shampoo and Conditioner for better hair to complement better skin.
A lot of people seem to have a positive experience with it, as did I. On paper, it looks like a bonafide superstar: the ingredients are EWG-safe, free of potentially harmful substances like alcohols, parabens, sulfates, and other allergens, and it also has a high ratio of natural to synthetic components.
While some ingredients came with a small warning for sensitive skin, none of them seemed to trigger a breakout for me. I didn’t try it on my entire face, so I can’t vouch for its pore-tightening abilities.
Final thoughts — we’d recommend this for most skin types, although sensitive ones should be careful. If you’re a fan of natural beauty and skincare products, then you certainly should try this out. It’s also given a safe EWG rating.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.