Table of Contents
Apotheke Science Brightening Night Serum Review
A common problem in the skincare industry is accessibility. Often, the products claimed to be the most effective are costly. Often, these products touted to be effective are also the foreign ones, adding to the misconception that international is automatically better. But that’s not the case at all.
Welcome Apotheke Science, a local brand that sets itself apart from the rest. How? The company’s line of products are crafted not by a dermatologist, but a molecular biologist and a medical doctor. This way, they add a more scientific approach to choosing the ingredients that go into their skincare products. Their nighttime serum is one such example. Let’s head into the review.
About the Apotheke Science Brightening Serum
If you haven’t yet heard about Apotheke Science Philippines, you’re in for a treat. This local brand is ready to bring high-quality skin care at an accessible price point. Their line includes products such as the Apotheke Niacinamide 10%, Firming Toner, Pure Castile Facial Wash, and Detoxifying Face Mask, all super best-sellers, NBD. Among their wide lineup products, you’ll find plenty with positive reviews and raving posts. They’re also worthy of a “shelfie” photo.
That much is apparent in this item. The Apotheke Serum is a melanin-inhibiting treatment that promises to make skin appear brighter and lighter in just 30 days. The secret? Just enough Vitamin E to work as an antioxidant, paired with aloe vera gel to soothe the skin. This blend of vitamins, antioxidants, and aloe vera helps nourish dull skin, bringing out a brighter complexion.
Effective as spot treatment for uneven patches or simply for adding life to dull skin, this is one of those skincare products that everyone seems to be raving about. Keen on finding out more of its benefits? Stick with us to see if this post-worthy steal is one of the holy grail products that will be in your skincare routine for the long-term.
Benefits of the Apotheke Science Brightening Night Serum
This skin care must-have is a bestseller for a good reason. If you want a skincare product that is multipurpose and versatile, look no further. Here are the benefits the Apotheke Brightening Serum claims to bring:
- Inhibits melanin production to brighten skin
- Removes blemishes for a clear face
- Reduces the appearance of acne marks on the skin
- Non-drying and alcohol-free, safe for any skin type
- Low pH level
Ingredients of the Apotheke Science Philippines Brightening Night Serum
A product with this many benefits is sure to have only one thing to thank: a potent, effective ingredient list. Let’s have a look.
- Tocopherol/Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble ingredient. It’s a natural-occurring component that can already be found in our skin. This makes the product a great anti-aging treatment apart from its brightening benefits, as antioxidants can fight free radicals that cause wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps reduce the appearance of pores.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel. This “magic plant” is probably one of the most widely known greens in the skin care world. This is because the ingredient has potent anti-inflammatory properties, which can help with acne-prone skin, specifically propionibacterium acnes.
- Citrus Limon/Lemon. You’ll find as we go along that this product contains quite a lot of citrus ingredients. Most of them have the same potential effects, mainly as antioxidants and even exfoliants. This ingredient is great for keeping the skin looking youthful and plump. A lemon extract might also contain essential oil, giving it potential antibacterial and moisturizing benefits.
- Citrus Paradisi Oil & Pelargonium Graveolens Oil. Both can be considered an essential oil, even though their primary purpose in this product is fragrance. It gives the product a fruity scent that’s pleasing to our nose. But the downside to that scent is possible allergens. Meaning, these ingredients might be a turnoff for those of you who have sensitive skin. However, this product is said to be compatible for all skin types, which we’re taking to mean that there isn’t enough fragrance in the product to cause an allergic reaction. So, all things considered, it’s pretty safe!
- Lavandula Angustifolia. Rounding up this ingredients list is lavender extract. The extract of this flower is said to have plenty of benefits, including treating acne, burns, and eczema. This is due to the ability of the ingredient to stimulate cell regeneration, so it’s great for skin that needs a little repairing.
- Helichrysum Italicum Flower Water. This ingredient works as a revitalizing agent as well as a soothing component.
This might be what your nighttime regimen needs. After cleansing and toning, apply a few pumps of the product onto your fingers and gently spread all over your face.
You can purchase the product in its 15mL packaging or 30mL packaging. As seen in the above photo, it comes in a tinted bottle and a clean label, similar to the Niacinamide 10% serum, but has a pump dispenser instead of a dropper.
Where to Buy the Apotheke Night Serum
Ready to purchase this science-base skin care wonder? Grab it now on Lazada, one of the largest online selling platforms in the Philippines. Don’t forget to give it a rating or leave a quick product review in the comments!
You’ll also find more favorites from the brand like the Pure Castile Facial Wash and Firming Toner on the site.
A few first thoughts: while the scent can be described by some as resembling olive oil, I think it’s quite lovely! The herbal scent is not too strong, but is enough to feel calming. That is just me, though. You’ll have to try it for yourself to know if the scent is to your liking or not!
As for the application experience, this serum is more oil than water, meaning it takes a little while for your face to really absorb it. But since it’s a serum meant to be used at night, this didn’t really bother me, so I do see it taking a permanent post in my nightly routine. Oily skin types might find this to be a dealbreaker, though.
Speaking of skin types, those with sensitive skin will be happy to know that this item is free of alcohol and sulfates. While it does have fragrance, none of them appear to be strong enough to cause an allergic reaction.
As part of a whole routine, I find that this one goes well with Apotheke’s other beauty items, specifically their toner. I noticed that my pores did appear smaller after a few uses. Those exfoliants are definitely working their magic. However, I didn’t notice any significant changes in my skin tone, so we’ll have to see about that in a few weeks’ time.
We give this serum a rating of 3.5. While this surprisingly works well as an exfoliant alternative, I find that the brightening effects aren’t as visible as I thought they would be. However, I wouldn’t mind repurchasing if needed, because the price is so affordable, which is one of the things I look for in any item. The aloe vera in the formula also makes it a soothing moisturizer.
You may check out other beauty and skincare-related posts on our website as well. Do you have a topic you want to see next? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use the Apotheke Science Niacinamide?
One of the brand’s most popular entries into the skin care world is their Niacinamide 10% Serum, a super affordable alternative to other international bestsellers like the Ordinary Niacinamide and Paula’s Choice. It can be used day and night as a treatment to help reduce the appearance of uneven spots as well as tightening pores. We’ve dedicated another blog just for it. Read our full review of the Apotheke Niacinamide here.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.