Table of Contents
Numi Skincare Review
It’s no secret that Filipinos love K-beauty, but our own local brands deserve recognition, too. One up-and-coming clean skincare line called Numi Skincare makes a case for vegan, cruelty-free, and Filipino skin-friendly products that are affordable and effective.
From toners to sunscreens, we review the benefits that this line has to offer. Get to know each product as we deep dive into what makes them a worthy investment below.
About Numi Skincare
Ever wondered if it’s possible for a skincare brand to be good for the environment, animals, and your skin? Not many can say that, but Numi Skincare can.
Entrepreneurs Queen Schuck and Rhodalyn Payaoan have teamed up with brand ambassador and actress Empress Schuck to create what they call a gentle, safe, and Filipino-made skincare line. Made with reusable packaging, mild ingredients, and Philippine climate-friendly formulas, Numi Skincare promotes simple and fuss-free skincare that won’t harm the planet. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a skincare pro, these products can be a staple in your beauty collection.
The Numi Skincare bundle includes the following products:
- Nourish & Restore Facial Cleanser 100ml
- Clarify & Hydrate Toner Mist 100ml
- Glow & Renew Serum 20ml
- Protect & Repair Sunscreen 50ml
Benefits of Numi Skincare
Want to try out this line for yourself? Here are some of the benefits you’ll get:
- Smooth complexion
- Reduced appearance of pores
- Plumper and more youthful skin
- Brighter skin tone
- Vegan, cruelty-free products
- Paraben-free ingredients
- Nourishing plant-based formulas
Ingredients of Numi Skincare
Numi Skincare prides itself on using plant-based, all-natural vegan ingredients that are safe and non-irritating to the skin. Here are some of the notable ingredients found in their products:
- Aqua. All four products are water-based, so it’s natural to find water first thing on each ingredients list.
- Glycerine. Present in their cleanser, serum, and sunscreen, this moisturizing ingredient is one of the most common and safest ingredients around. It’s naturally found in our skin lipids as its main function is to protect our skin barrier.
- Butylene Glycol. The main function of BG is to act as a solvent for other ingredients in the formula, but it’s also a fun humectant, meaning it draws water from the environment into the skin. Humectants work well in humid tropical weather. BG is found in the Numi cleanser, serum, and sunscreen.
- Smithsonite Extract. Also known as zinc spar extract, this ingredient is a potent antioxidant and skin conditioning component. It helps detoxify the skin from the inside out. It’s also found in the cleanser and sunscreen.
- Matricaria Flower Extract.
- Tangerine Peel Extract.
- Witch Hazel Extract. Commonly found in many toners, witch hazel extract is popular for a reason: it eases sensitive and inflamed skin.
- Rosa Damascena Flower Water. Also known as rose water, this ingredient has some amazing skincare benefits, most notably antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ones. It helps soothe irritated or inflamed skin as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Ethyl Alcohol. Alcohol is typically used to enhance the penetration of other ingredients in a skincare product. Another function is making the overall texture of toner or cream feel lighter and better to the touch. But alcohol is a huge irritant for many people as it can cause dryness, so avoid this if you know your skin reacts badly.
How to Use Numi Skincare Products
- Begin your skincare routine with the Numi Nourish & Restore Cleanser to remove dirt and impurities.
- Next, spray the Clarify & Hydrate toner a safe distance from your face and wipe with a clean cotton pad or cloth.
- Apply 2-3 drops of the Glow & Renew Serum onto your palms and rub them together. Massage the product gently onto your face and neck, then pat dry.
- For your daytime routine, take a generous amount of the Protect & Repair sunscreen at least 15-30 minutes before heading out. Apply it all over the face and neck, making sure to distribute the product evenly for enhanced protection.
Where to Buy Numi Skincare Products
Can’t wait to upgrade your skincare regimen? Get the Numi Skincare complete bundle on Lazada for amazing deals and prices.
I’m always keen to try out new Filipino-made skincare brands, and the fact that this one is also vegan and cruelty-free made it almost too good to be true. Plus, anything that is touted as mild and gentle is always great in my book.
Right out of the box, you’ll notice how thoughtful the packaging design is. Each product is clearly labeled and the functions are easy to understand. The bottles are also made out of biodegradable plastic, so you won’t worry about endangering your local landfills.
Each product had a distinct but pleasant smell. As someone who can get easily overwhelmed with fragrance, I found the amount in each product to be on the safe side.
The cleanser was gentle and non-drying; I didn’t feel a tightness afterward, and it effectively removed some surface-level oil on my face. The toner was also surprisingly mild, but the alcohol content put me off since it’s a known trigger for my skin. That said, your mileage may vary.
I found the serum to be a wonderful product as well. The texture was rich yet easy to apply and I noticed my skin already looked plumper the morning after I used it. Most serums can also feel too greasy, but not this one! It absorbs very easily and doesn’t linger too long.
Finally, the sunscreen. I thought the formula was a little stickier than what I was accustomed to, and it honestly took a little time to evenly spread. But the product does recommend you apply it 30 minutes before going out, which is more than enough time to make your skin nice and protected.
So far, I haven’t noticed any negative side effects, which is a good sign! I’m looking forward to using this a little longer to see how my skin fares. But so far, so good.
A vegan, eco-friendly, and cruelty-free skincare line is always great in my books! Although I’m disappointed in the alcohol content found in the toner, the rest of the products truly worked well with my normal-to-dry (and often sensitive) skin.
Another selling point is the simplicity of these products. Beginners can use this line if they want to dip their toes into the world of basic skincare, which is always the best place to start.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.