Table of Contents
Luxe Organix Cica Rescue Calming Cleanser Review
Do you struggle with sensitive skin that is often irritated, inflamed, or simply dry? The Luxe Organix Cica Rescue Calming Cleanser helps with maintaining skin’s pH balance, keeping the barrier healthy, and making sure your skin is moisturized and free from irritation. Is this gentle cleanser the one to cure your skincare woes? Let’s find out.
About the Luxe Organix: Cica Calming Cleanser 150 mL
Having dry skin isn’t always about being dehydrated. Often, this also makes the skin much more sensitive to external stimuli, which causes flakiness, irritation, or redness. If this sounds like something you’re dealing with, the Cica Calming Cleanser from Korean skincare brand Luxe Organix might be a suitable product.
Made with centella asiatica extract, centella asiatica leaf water, lactic acid, and more, the Cica Rescue Calming Cleanser (150g) is formulated perfectly to keep the skin soft, supple, and calm while still removing impurities and excess sebum.
What is CICA cleanser?
CICA is the shorthand for the ingredient centella asiatica. You’ll probably recognize it by its other name, gotu kola. This famed herb native to parts of Asia and Africa is often used to treat sensitive and dry skin, thanks to its rich antioxidant properties. In the beauty world, it is soothes irritated skin and controls sebum production. If you’ve got eczema or psoriasis flare-ups, this ingredient is worth looking into.
Benefits of the Luxe Organix CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser
The Luxe Organix Cica Rescue Calming Cleanser has plenty of fun features, and not just for sensitive and dry skin! Here are a few things it offers:
- Removes impurities and excess sebum
- Keeps the skin moisturized and healthy
- Rich in antioxidants
- Mild formulation for easily irritated skin
- Keeps pH balance at healthy levels
Ingredients of the Luxe Organix CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser
Here, we take a look at some of the main ingredients of this gentle cleanser. We highly recommend taking note of any ingredients that you are allergic to or might cause irritation.
- Centella Asiatica Extract — The main component of this gentle cleanser is centella asiatica extract, also known as gotu kola or tiger grass. In many cultures, it’s used to heal wounds, burns, or scratches, which makes it delightful for soothing inflamed skin. Along with centella asiatica leaf water and its many active components, gotu kola extract is what keeps this cleanser hydrating and soothing. Research agrees that it also controls sebum production.
- Centella Asiatica Leaf Water — You might be wondering what the difference is between centella asiatica leaf water vs. extract. The latter is a general term for extracts from the plant, but which part specifically is uncertain. As for centella asiatica leaf water, it’s believed that extract from the leaf itself is richer in antioxidants compared to other parts of the plant.
- Glycerin — A favorite among moisturizer aficionados, glycerin is a tried-and-tested humectant that is stellar at retaining moisture within the skin.
- Myristic Acid — This is another multipurpose ingredient: it’s a cleanser, emulsifier, and a perfuming agent all in one. It’s found in many plant-based oils like coconut and palm kernel.
- Palmitic Acid — Palmitic acid helps build up foam in cleansers as well as make the skin feel smooth. It removes impurities gently.
- Asiatic Acid — One of the many active components found in gotu kola, asiatic acid is said to keep the skin barrier healthy and moisturized.
- Madecassic Acid — Another main active component of gotu kola extract. Madecassic acid is believed to have intense soothing properties as well as healing properties.
- Lauric Acid — Lauric acid is a saturated fatty acid said to have potent anti-acne properties due to its antimicrobial nature.
- Bergamot / Bergamia Fruit Oil — An organic compound, bergamia fruit oil, or simply bergamot, gives the product a natural, fruity fragrance. Bergamot provides a citrusy smell to the product.
- Limonene, Limanol — Two more perfuming ingredients that have a bit of a bad reputation in the skincare community. Learn more about it here.
- Caramel — Some of you may know that caramel is also used as a colorant for skincare products. In this one, it gives the formula a nice hue.
- Capric Acid — Another active ingredient that adds to the cleansing portion of this formula. Capric acid is also used as a perfuming agent.
- Butylene Glycol — Apart from making the consistency of the cleanser nice and slippery, butylene glycol also acts as a penetration enhancer to aid all the other moisturizing and anti-acne ingredients.
This product also contain the following viscosity-controlling ingredients necessary to keep the formula intact:
- Propolis Extract
- Stearic Acid
- Glycerl Stearate
- Potassium hydroxide
- Sorbitan Olivate
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Sodium Chloride
To summarize: glycerl stearate, propolis extract, sodium chloride, stearic acid, myristic acid, potassium hydroxide, cocamidopropyl betaine, hexanediol, EDTA, and sorbitan olivate all contribute to the product’s texture, form, and consistency. Some of them double as cleansing agents as well.
All you need is a pea-sized amount and consistent use in order to see the full effectiveness of the product. However, we always recommend a patch test before fully incorporating any product into your routine. To do this, simply take a very small amount and gently massage it as you normally would on any part of your damp face in small circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water and avoid contact with eye area. If the product starts to make you feel uncomfortable, take note.
Directions for Use
The Luxe CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser (150g) can be used once or twice daily depending on your skin’s needs. Simply squeeze a pea-sized amount onto your hands and gently massage onto damp face in circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water, and you’re good to go!
This product is for external use only. Avoid contact with eye area. In case of unwanted contact, simply rinse the eye area thoroughly.
Luxe Organix CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser Video Review
Where to Buy the Luxe Organix CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser (150g)
Ready to enhance your skincare routine? The Luxe Organix CICA Rescue Calming Cleanser (150g) is available on Lazada. Purchase it now from your favorite online store for the best deals and prices. Note: This product is for external use only.
Lately, I’ve been on the hunt for a good cleanser that not only controls sebum production, but also keeps skin calm and not triggered. It’s a lot harder than I thought. But that’s the fun part of skin and body care; the trial and error stage helps you get to know your body better, what keeps it healthy, and what your body actually hates.
This is a cleanser that I really like. For one, it’s alcohol-free and paraben-free, which is a must for anyone maintaining sensitive skin. It has a good balance of natural ingredients and cleansers. It’s easy to use and doesn’t take forever to rinse. It also leaves the skin feeling just right: not too tight, but not greasy either.
However, there are some drawbacks. The first is the use of fragrance. While my skin hasn’t had any adverse reactions, I know plenty of people who find that this irritates their face upon contact. I wish it had fewer perfuming ingredients, or none at all, to make it more suitable for all skin types.
This is definitely a suitable, baseline cleanser for sensitive skin types. It leaves my skin still feeling hydrated and so far I’ve not experienced tightening or stinging upon contact. Just remember that it’s important to still keep your skin hydrated with moisturizer, so don’t ditch your whole routine just because this one product already feels great!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.