Table of Contents
Derma Natufian Niacinamide Serum Review
Niacinamide serums seem to be all the rage these days. One of the most popular skincare products due to its skin-friendliness and compatibility with almost any skin type, B3 serums are definitely worth checking out. Thanks to The Ordinary’s rise in skincare stardom, people have looked towards more budget-friendly alternatives.
Luckily, plenty of brands have popped into the scene to offer their own take on the skin brightening molecule. In comes Derma Natufian with their own Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% formula, a fragrance and essential oil-free serum that will leave your skin dewy, moisturized, and brighter than ever.
Let’s take a look and see if this skin brightening treatment is your new holy grail! Read until the end of the review to find out.
Does Niacinamide actually work?
There’s a reason the INCI database classifies this ingredient as a skincare superstar. It has plenty of proven benefits for the skin, the list of which includes anti-aging, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fading brown skin spots, hydration, and increasing ceramide synthesis for a stronger skin barrier. Among the most popular brands are Apotheke and The Ordinary. We review the Apotheke serum here in our blog.
Niacinamide is actually Vitamin B3, and you’ll probably find it in plenty of the moisturizing and brightening products we review on this site. If you’ve ever gotten any doubts about it, don’t worry, because it’s one of the most well-researched skincare products there is. We’ll be brushing over them in the ingredients list section of this review post.
About the Derma Natufian Niacinamide
Derma Natufian’s Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% includes a concentration of niacinamide at 10%, zinc at 1%, and aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder. It promotes brighter skin as well as makes your skin healthy and vital.
Niacinamide & Zinc with watery soft liquid contains skin conditioning molecular compounds that work together in this formula to remove blemishes, including acne scars, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation on the face. All of this results in clearer, brighter skin and a strengthened skin barrier.
Benefits of the Niacinamide + 1% Zinc by Derma Natufian
This skin tone-evening Derma Natufian item is packed with a ton of benefits for healthier skin, no matter what your skin type. It’s no surprise it’s one of the most loved products right now. Let’s review some of the benefits your skin is getting when you purchase this product!
- Removes brown spots and acne marks on any part of the face
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Brightens skin to reveal a more glowing complexion
- Evens out skin tone
- Strengthens barrier of the skin by promoting the synthesis of fatty acids and ceramides
- Restores and draws in more moisture to dry, patchy, and flaky skin
- Low-risk EWG rated formula for any skin type, including acne-prone and sensitive
- Mild ingredients free of any fragrance or essential oils
Remember when we said this is one of those products that has a formula for any skin type? It has a low risk EWG rating. Now we’re going to review the ingredient list to see if it adds up. Let’s take a closer look at the product.
- Water. There’s nothing like water to act as a solvent for a water-soluble skincare ingredient like Vitamin B3. But there’s more to water in this formula than just that. It’s also quite nourishing, because unlike water that we wash our bodies with, the water found in cosmetic or skincare products has been purified and removed of all metal ions. Neutralizing these metal ions, a process known as deionizing, can alter the makeup of water enough to stabilize the product.
- Niacinamide (10%). Known as Vitamin B3, this product makes up the base of this serum. The benefits of this product are all due to the concentration of Vitamin B3, which boasts a whole load of wonderful skin benefits from anti-aging and wrinkle removal to reducing acne marks and blemishes. This skin conditioning product is, in fact, one of the most well-researched products to date. And the findings are incredible; one study showed that the product in 2-5% concentrations used daily for eight weeks resulted in significant lightening of hyperpigmented skin. This is a huge feat, considering that skin lightening is rarely effective with topical products. The same application and length of use also resulted in better sebum regulation in acne-prone skin types. As for barrier repair, this product is documented to have increased the synthesis of important compounds found in a healthy skin barrier, such as free fatty acids, ceramides, and cholesterol.
- Zinc PCA (1%). Zinc + PCA, on the other hand, has the dedicated purpose of regulating sebum production. If your face is more acne-prone or oily, then the Zinc & PCA found in this formula will make this a great product for you.
- Propanediol. A skin conditioning product of natural corn sugar, this ingredient is one of the moisturizing compounds found in the product.
- 1,2-Hexanediol. This multi-functional skin conditioning ingredient is great as a humectant and emollient, while also being a wonderful solvent that can make other ingredients in this product all the more effective. This solvent can also smooth out skin texture.
- Panthenol. This product, also known as Pro-Vitamin B5, is a humectant that is super effective in drawing moisture from the environment and then locking it in. Pro-vitamin B5 is the precursor to b5, and it functions the same way other ingredients on this list do. It’s a potent moisturizer with known wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder. If you’ve heard of aloe leaf juice, this product is its freeze-dried or spray-dried sibling. It has similar benefits as the juice version, which are mainly moisturizing and soothing the skin. Aloe vera is widely known to be great at healing wounds and inflamed skin, too. In addition, it works as one of the many skin conditioning ingredients found in the formula.
- Xanthan Gum. A commonly used thickener, xanthan gum is responsible for the gel-like texture of many skin care products. In this one, it helps keep the formula less runny.
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate VP Copolymer. Another ingredient that gives the product its gel-like texture.
How to Use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% by Derma Natufian
Wondering just how you can incorporate this product into your pre-existing skincare items? We’re here to share it with you.
To use this as part of your everyday routine, start by toning your skin to even out its texture. Then, apply 2-3 drops on your entire face. Let your skin fully absorb it before applying a heavier moisturizer.
Can you use Niacinamide Serum everyday?
Assuming your skin can tolerate niacinamide pretty well — and most do, because it’s one of the most well tolerated skincare ingredients — then you can use the serum up to twice a day, in the morning and night. Be sure that the rest of the products in your skincare routine is compatible! For example, niacinamide and vitamin C should never be mixed.
Where to Buy the Niacinamide 10% by Derma Natufian
Ready to add this product to your regimen? The Niacinamide and 1% Zinc by Derma Natufian is available now on Lazada, the biggest online selling platform for all beauty and skincare products in the country.
Right off the bat, this product from Derma Natufian is one of our favorites and is a joy to review. Many consider this serum to be the closest duplicate to The Ordinary niacinamide skincare products due to the addition of Zinc, but at a slightly lower price. I’ve tried both brands and can safely say there are a few key differences and similarities.
This product was my first shot at a B3 serum, so I didn’t know what to expect texture-wise. While it did feel hydrating, it was a lot more sticky and more gel-like than I thought. It took more than a minute for my face to fully absorb. I’ll leave it to you to decide whether or not you find the sensation of this product uncomfortable on your face, but for the most part, I got used to it. For a gel-like liquid, it’s pretty spreadable and only requires 2-3 drops to cover the whole face. There’s a mild aloe-like smell that quickly goes away, which isn’t everybody’s thing! I personally didn’t mind it.
Compared to The Ordinary’s version, this one is a little lighter in texture but not as quick to absorb. Overall, it’s super effective in clearing pigmentation and brown spots that are a little stubborn. Other skincare experts recommend pairing it with amino sugar for a more potent and effective lightening.
For its price and the positive experience, we’re definitely ending this review on a high note! Those with dry and sensitive skin will appreciate that this ingredients list contains powerful moisturizers like pro-vitamin b5 and aloe leaf powder, while being held together by water (a solvent) and 1,2-Hexanediol (a multi-functional solvent).
This is one of those products that perform as well as every raving review says. While it’s not as easy for the face to absorb, the effectiveness is apparent after a few weeks of use. My face became significantly smoother and less prone to flakiness and eczema-related outbreaks.
We hope this review was helpful in your skin care journey! Looking to review other products before making the commitment? We review more brands and products in our beauty blog.
Want to hear more from us? Share what topics you want us to cover for our next blog post in the comments below! You can post your experiences with this product, too!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.