Table of Contents
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Review
Niacinamide is a wonderful vitamin known for reducing acne marks and dark spots, as well as brightening the skin tone and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. In this review, we take a look at one of the most popular renditions of this serum from none other than The Ordinary.
Will this serum pass the test and become your new holy grail product? Let’s find out in this review!
About The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
There’s a reason people have been singing praises about niacinamide. It’s one of the most well-researched beauty products out there, boasting clear and visible benefits like skin lightening, fading dark spots, and soothing irritation. Plus, it’s compatible with almost all skin types. Whether you’re one of the people who have sensitive skin or an acne-prone face, this product has properties that can help.
But how and when exactly did people start raving about this skin-friendly miracle ingredient? If you’ve been seeing a ton of niacinamide serum products popping up left and right, you kind of have The Ordinary to thank. The brand’s lineup of affordable and well-researched skincare products skyrocketed to fame a few years back, and with skincare gurus raving about them, pretty much everyone has loaded up on their products — myself included!
But is their Niacinamide Serum actually worth the hype, or are you better off buying a more budget-friendly alternative? Let’s dive further into this product review to see if it’s the best fit for you.
Skin Benefits of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Here are all the benefits of this extraordinary product:
- Reduces the appearance of skin blemishes on the face
- Great for acne-prone skin
- Has potent anti-aging properties that prevent wrinkles and fine lines on the face
- Strengthens skin barrier to increase moisture retention
- Fades acne scars, dark spots, and promotes the synthesis of healthy skin cells
- Smoothes skin texture for a more youthful appearance
- Regulates sebum levels in the t-zone to prevent oil congestion
Ingredients of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The main ingredient, niacinamide, comes in a concentration of 10% to provide the best results. But this miracle ingredient is even more potent thanks to the combination of powerful skincare ingredients. The main ones found in this fragrance- and alcohol-free product are niacinamide, pentylene glycol, zinc PCA, dimethyl isosorbide, tamarindus indica seed gum, xanthan gum, and more.
Let’s take a closer look at its active ingredients.
- Niacinamide. Also known as Vitamin B3, niacinamide is nothing short of a powerhouse ingredient with plenty of proven benefits for multiple skin problems and almost all skin types. For acne-prone skin, niacinamide helps fade acne scars and regulate sebum production. For those who have dry skin, this product can help restore and repair a damaged skin barrier by promoting the synthesis of ceramides. Those who have aging skin can even use this product to boost collagen production and prevent wrinkles and fine lines. See what we mean when we say niacinamide is a skincare superstar?
- Zinc PCA. This ingredient is described as a synergistic association of two different products, Zinc and L-PCA. The zinc helps regulate and normalize sebum activity to manageable levels, making it a great ingredient for those who struggle with oily and acne-prone types of skin. The PCA, on the other hand, is a natural moisturizing factor that keeps the skin hydrated.
Niacinamide products are wonderful because they work with pretty much any skin type and in any skincare routine. They go well with hyaluronic acid, another water-soluble skincare product. In fact, they can even be paired with Vitamin C (aka ethylated l-ascorbic acid), so the myth that vitamin C and niacinamide can’t be paired together is apparently just that — a myth.
To use The Ordinary Niacinamide serum, simply take 2-3 drops and gently apply all over the face after cleansing or toning. This product can be used day or night. Do note that patch testing is necessary before incorporating any product into your routine.
Where People Can Buy The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Ready to add this to the list of beauty products in your haul? Hop on over to Lazada, one of the largest online selling platforms in the Philippines. Hurry over to the website and get the best deals and prices now! You can choose to purchase The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum in a 30mL or 60mL bottle.
You may also find this serum on Sephora and on the official The Ordinary website.
If you’re a fan of having clear and plumper skin, then this product will not disappoint you. And that’s a tall order considering there’s so much hype around it. But rest assured that The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum definitely passes the test. All those positive reviews? They were right.
The results won’t exactly jump out at you after the first few uses. What you are getting in the beginning stages is a soothing skin feeling, almost like a moisturizer but more fast-absorbing. Plenty of reviews recommend this for oily skinned people, but it works just as well for those who suffer from dry skin and the occasional rosacea outbreaks.
The texture is smooth and gel-like. I found it to be a little thicker than Derma Natufian’s Niacinamide Serum, although it gets absorbed by the skin faster and doesn’t leave you with a greasy feeling.
The anti-aging properties won’t be apparent on the first try, either, but as with most effective and safe products, patience is the key. After just a few weeks, I definitely noticed my face was less dull in complexion and became plumper to the touch. It also took around 6-8 weeks for some acne marks to fade, which isn’t exactly quick, but given the lack of negative side effects is still a win in my book.
Overall, this is one of the products you just have to try out at least once in your life. It’s great for dry-skinned people, oily-skinned people, those who suffer from early signs of aging, and so on. Ultimately, its general compatibility with almost any skin type is what makes it such a strong beauty product.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.