SkynLab Intense Kit Review
Do you suffer from severely damaged skin? Sometimes, acne can go away without a trace, and other times — well, they leave a mark or two on the skin, to say the least. But severe skin scars caused by acne isn’t the only reason to try out a rejuvenating set. Skin damage and uneven skin tone caused by overexposure to harmful UV rays or even skin damage caused by too-harsh products are good enough factors to make you want to try out this method of beautifying your skin.
That said, with all the skin rejuvenating products out there, which one should you go for? Which one will actually repair your skin and not irritate or harm it further? SkynLab Intense Kit is throwing their hat in the ring. This kit promises a lot more than just mark-free skin, but it purports to help you achieve glass skin after use.
If you’re interested in achieving perfect skin or simply want to do away with uneven skin tone, textured skin, or super stubborn acne scars, then you might want to add this product to your skin care routine. But first, let’s see if it performs as well as it claims to do! Let’s take a closer look in our full SkynLab Intense Kit review!
About the Intense Rejuvenating Kit by SkynLab
Rejuvenating sets are often known to be too harsh on the skin. Most of the time, all they do is thin out skin and make already damaged skin more prone to sun sensitivity, causing more damage in turn. Not exactly why one would get a rejuvenating kit, is it? So what sets this skin rejuvenating set apart from the rest?
The Intense Rejuvenating Kit by SkynLab may sound harsh and, well, intense. But this skin rejuv kit is actually made with fewer chemicals than most, and instead is formulated with a ton of natural, organic ingredients that still help you achieve glass skin. Not too bad, huh? It consists of “specially formulated skincare products” that don’t actually destroy your skin. As far as rejuvenating sets go, this one is super promising.
The SkynLab kit includes four different products: a kojic cleanser, a toner, a night cream, and a sunblock — the usual skincare products you’d find in a skin rejuvenating kit, only this time, with a higher concentration of organic ingredients. If you prefer natural skin care vs. chemical ones, then this kit just might be the perfect fit for you! Without further ado, let’s go deeper into our SkynLab Intense Kit review.
Benefits of the SkynLab Intense Rejuvenating Kit
Want to even out your skin tone and maybe get rid of fine lines and wrinkles along the way? This skin rejuvenating kit has got you covered and at an affordable price tag, too! But those aren’t all the benefits it has to offer. Here are a few things this set does for your skin:
- Helps maintain a healthy skin pH level
- Removes blemishes caused by intense UV radiation
- Improves texture of damaged skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Prohibits internal skin processes that increase melanin production and intrinsic aging
- Stops excessive oils from clogging pores on the skin
- Helps skin achieve white complexion
- Reduces dark spots, blemishes, and age spots on skin
- Suitable for all skin types
Ingredients of the Intense Rejuvenating Kit by SkynLab
Ready to get a clearer and whiter complexion? The Skynlab skin rejuvenating kit is great at removing impurities, freckles caused by intense UV radiation/increase melanin production, and can even out your skin tone overall. The best part is, it does all of this without loading on harmful chemical ingredients! Let’s take a look at this kit’s contents:
SkynLab Kojic Dipalmitate Soap
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice. This ingredient is a known moisturizer and emollient that helps your skin feel soothed. It’s also a great anti-inflammatory.
- Vegetable Glycerin. We all know that glycerin is an awesome moisturizer that is also naturally found in our bodies. Vegetable glycerin is the variant that is derived from plants and works the same way: by moisturizing and retaining water in our skin to improve elasticity.
- Olive Oil. This oil is packed with fatty acids and vitamins that heavily nourish the skin. If you’ve heard about this oil being comedogenic, a.k.a. a potential pore-clogger, don’t worry, as it only scores 2 on the comedogenic scale. This means that it can be pore clogging for some people’s skin, but it’s fine to use for most. It’s also not easily absorbed by the skin. Granted, in this case it’s found in a wash-off cleanser and serves to counteract the drying effects of other ingredients.
- Plant-Derived Lactic Acid. This wonderful exfoliant is perfect even for sensitive skin types as it is gentle as well as effective.
- Kojic Dipalmitate Acid. This is a derivative of kojic acid that is considered to be more effective in reducing the appearance of discolorations, dark spots and freckles caused by exposure to intense UV rays, removing spots caused by aging and acne, helping the skin achieve and maintain clearer and brighter complexion, and overall brightening.
- Witch Hazel Extract. Popular in many toners, this ingredient is an astringent and can easily clear your pores. Do be warned that it’s not recommended for dry and sensitive skin types as it can cause irritation.
- Acai Berry. This natural ingredient is pretty great at combating early signs of aging. Acai berry is loaded with vitamins that serve as antioxidants, helping our skin retain moisture, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Hyaluronic Acid. Another powerful moisturizer is hyaluronic acid. This ingredient is pretty much one of the best when it comes to retaining moisture into your skin.
SkynLab SunBlock Gel-Cream
- Niacinamide. Also known as Vitamin B3, niacinamide is a mild yet potent skin brightener that is suitable for almost all skin types. It can also fade brown spots and acne marks over time as well as even out skin tone and texture.
- Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide. These ingredients are the main component of most sunscreens. They shield you from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays that can heavily damage your skin. The great news is they’re super safe to use, as these ingredients do not seep into your skin and sit there, unlike chemical sunscreen ingredients that can potentially irritate your skin in the process of blocking UV rays.
- Allantoin. This moisturizing and skin-loving ingredient is an underrated gem in the skin care world. Apart from skin soothing and hydrating properties, it can actually help fight transepidermal water loss, exfoliate the skin, and also improve skin dullness. Pretty cool!
- Vitamin C & E. Apart from the obvious benefits of vitamin C & E for our skin, including nourishment through antioxidants, they can also add protection against harmful UV rays.
SkynLab Night Cream
- Malic Acid. This plant-derived ingredient is a mild exfoliant that is great at evening out one’s skin tone and improving overall brightness.
- Glycolic Acid. This is another plant-derived exfoliant that not only keeps the skin tone even, unclogs pores, and sloughs off dead skin cells, but it also deeply moisturizes!
The night cream also includes aloe vera leaf juice, niacinamide, kojic acid, and vitamins C & E.
First things first: remember to do a patch test behind your ear or in your elbow area. If there are a few potential irritants or if your skin turns red or itchy in the span of 24 hours, do not use the product. With that out of the way, here’s how to use each one of the products found in the SkynLab kit:
- Kojic Acid Cleanser — Dampen your skin and massage with your fingertips for 50-60 seconds. Use daily.
- SkynLab Toner — The product states this toner is to be applied during nighttime. Apply evenly over your cleansed skin.
- SkynLab Night Cream — Before bedtime, apply the cream lightly and evenly over your cleansed and toned face and neck.
- SkynLab Sunblock Gel-Cream — Apply evenly and thoroughly on the skin during morning before exposure to sun. Reapply as needed.
Where to Buy the Intense Kit by SkynLab
Long story short, this rejuvenating set by SkynLab is not like the others. It’s one of the products proven to diminish blemishes quickly but not dangerously. It’s made with more natural ingredients than chemical ones. From the get go, it has a ton of potential. It can clear away imperfections caused by intrinsic aging and acne. Additionally, it evens out the skin tone and is said to be suitable for all skin types.
Let’s start with the pros: the sunscreen and night cream are very moisturizing. I did notice some spots fading away over time and my skin tone getting more even as a result. The cons: my sensitive skin did not appreciate the ingredients in the toner. I’ve had a bad experience with witch hazel before, so it might just be a personal thing. The toner stung and caused visible peeling during my first try, so I immediately stopped using it. The cleanser is mild enough, but it’s nothing spectacular.
But we won’t end this SkynLab Intense Kit review on a completely negative note. I did love that this rejuv set leaned towards organic and natural ingredients, and someone whose skin prefers those are sure to love this. Unfortunately, my skin is a little too sensitive for anything other than something completely mild.
So, I’d say this product deserves a 3 stars out of 5! I won’t recommend it if you have skin that is sensitive to astringents like witch hazel, but other than that, you’re welcome to give it a go. It’s especially great for those who love organic and plant-derived ingredients! I definitely noticed improvements in my skin tone and overall brightness after using this product.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.