Jellys Snail Candy Scrub Review
One common problem for us Filipinas is achieving that glowing, bright skin that looks smooth without any filters. No matter what your skin type or skin tone is, having smooth skin looks good on anyone. It’s one of the standards of skin care that many products have been trying to help us achieve, from physical exfoliators to whitening pills. If you’re looking for a safe and non-invasive way to achieve that glowing look, the Jellys Snail Scrub just might be the product for you.
Read on to know more about this product and why there’s so much hype around it!
About Jellys Snail Candy Scrub
The Jellys Snail Scrub is a 3-in-1 scrub and mask for your body that helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, keep an even skin tone, smoothen your complexion and brighten your skin. This colorful product works as both a body scrub and a mask and has no harmful ingredients, so anyone with any skin type can use it.
BENEFITS OF JELLYS SNAIL CANDY SCRUB
The Jellys Nail Scrub’s biggest selling point is its lack of harmful ingredients, making it a hit for those with sensitive skin and common allergies. Its other benefits include:
- Replenished skin
- Brighter complexion
- Even skin tone
- Whitening effect
- Keeping your skin smooth
- Slows down aging
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OF JELLYS SNAIL CANDY SCRUB
The Jellys Snail Candy Scrub is primarily a brightening scrub that uses safe and non-harsh components in its formula. Its ingredients are:
- Glutathione – This is an ingredient that can commonly be found in many brightening products in the Philippines and across Asia, so we Filipinos are no stranger to its whitening properties. Glutathione is an antioxidant with anti-melanogenic properties that can be found in plants. This means that it slows down our body’s production of melanin or pigment, making it a popular choice for whitening products.
- Snail mucus – Another popular substance found in many skincare products, especially Korean products. This is hailed as something of a miracle ingredient in many Korean skincare circles, claiming to have hydrating and healing properties for the skin. It’s also known to have natural anti-microbial properties, making it great for acne-prone skin.
- Sugar & sugarcane – If you were ever into a natural and organic skincare phase, then you’ll know that sugar is a great natural physical exfoliant. It helps remove dead skin cells sitting on top of your face and help you look younger and brighter.
- Coconut – This component helps in absorbing oil from your face, keeping it grease-free after you shower. It also helps flick off dirt and pollution that sits on your skin.
- Glycerin – Considered one of the “oldies but goodies” of skin care, glycerin is a powerhouse ingredient that is not only naturally found in our skin, but is also safe to use and incredibly cheap. This is why it’s popular among many skincare products in Asia and all over the world. Studies show that this ingredient is effective even at low concentrations of 3%, making it a favorite among hydrating products.
- AHA – This product also includes AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids, which include glycolic acid and lactic acid. These are chemical exfoliators that help remove dead skin cells by dissolving them within your skin.
One of my favorite things about this product is that comes in a pretty unique packaging that looks colorful and candy-like, making it a fun way to relieve stress when you’re in the shower! If you’re naturally a kid at heart, you’ll understand the joy this bright and playful packaging brings.
To use this scrub, just take one from the jar and mix it with a small amount of water until it becomes pliable. Then, you can rub it in your palms until it becomes a cream-like consistency. Slather this cream all over your body or on any rough patches that you want to smooth out. Wait for a few minutes before washing it off.
WHERE TO BUY JELLYS SNAIL CANDY SCRUB
After giving this product time to work its magic, we can definitely say there have been some good effects along with a few downers. First, I expected the product to have more potent whitening properties, but it took a few days for any effect to take in, and the results aren’t as visible as most people would want.
Aside from that, however, the product works as a pretty good daily exfoliator that isn’t too harsh on the skin! After showering, you’ll notice that your skin looks glowing and brighter, even more moisturized. This is a big plus if you want to feel and look more fresh every day.
The thing that sells me on this product, though, is its awesome ingredient list. It’s packed with some pretty great natural ingredients (including my personal favorites, glycerin and AHA) that have been proven to work wonders, and it doesn’t seem to contain any harmful or stripping alcohols, which is always a huge plus. I’d recommend this to those with sensitive and dull skin like myself.
The Jellys Snail Candy Scrub is a product that claims to be an instant fix to most skin care problems, and while it takes a while to deliver on its promises, the results are pretty good. There’s no such thing as an instant fix, but if you’re willing to try this product, then you’ll see benefits such as glowing skin and reduced oiliness over time. It definitely doesn’t hurt to try, as the ingredient list is surprisingly very mild.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.