Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist Review
Want a quick pick-me-up for your dry skin? Perhaps you want a setting spray that gives your makeup the perfect, dewy complexion? The Ultra-Fine Mist from Glow Recipe is the perfect option. Packed with natural watermelon extract, hibiscus AHAs, and apple cider vinegar, the product brings out a natural radiance you never knew you had!
Is glow recipe good for the skin?
Each Glow Recipe product is packed with natural ingredients to help bring out radiant skin. The brand is committed to making vegan, cruelty-free beauty items that help address all kinds of skin ailments no matter what the skin type. While based in the United States, the brand is heavily influenced by and even considered part of K-beauty.
About the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Mist is a great addition to any skincare and beauty regimen. Packed with natural hydrators and antioxidants found in watermelon extract and the hibiscus flower, this face mist brings something new to every routine. Brighten up your complexion in just a single spritz with this unique blend of fruit-powered extracts and molecular hydrators.
Benefits of the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
This face mist is yet another well-loved product from the brand, but what benefits do you get from it? We list them here:
- Hydrates and plumps skin in just a few spritzes
- Smoothes and illuminates skin with comforting fog mist
- Suitable for all skin types
- 100% vegan ingredients and cruelty-free production
This product can envelope your face in a dreamy morning fog in just a single spritz! Curious to know what ingredients help give it that hydrating feel? We take a look at the product’s core ingredients that make up its formula here:
- Watermelon. Rich in amino acids, this fruit’s extract and seed oil is the base ingredient of Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow lineup of products. Its vitamin-ridden composition makes it perfect for spotting early signs of aging and warding them off, keeping your skin youthful and free of fine lines or wrinkles. It’s also responsible for the watermelon scent!
- Hyaluronic Acid. Those with dry or irritated skin will know this ingredient is a lifesaver when it comes to treating moisture loss and lack of hydration. Able to hold water 1000 times its molecular weight, hyaluronic acid is a staple in plenty of intense moisturizing and hydrating skincare products.
- Hibiscus AHAs. The natural exfoliants found in the hibiscus extract helps even out the skin’s texture for a smoother makeup application.
- Centella Asiatica Extract. Also known as “gotu kola,” this ingredient has well-documented and potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fragrance. Often, those who aren’t impressed by the brand cite the fragrance found in almost every formula as the reason. Fragrance, especially in large amounts, is a well-known irritant for those with sensitive skin, despite being responsible for making products smell good. However, according to the product page of this mist, fragrance makes up less than 0.5% of their overall formula and is free of PCM compounds and acetone.
- Rice germ oil. An emollient that helps keep skin texture smooth and soft to the touch.
How to Use the Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
Face mists can be some of the most versatile beauty products. Mists are often used as a hydrating primer for a better canvas to add makeup on, or simply as part of one’s skincare regimen. Here’s how to use Glow Recipe’s award-winning facial mist.
How do you use watermelon glow ultra fine mist?
The product is called a “bi-phase mist” due to its double-layer formulation. When resting, the two layers tend to separate, but shaking the bottle allows the two layers to combine into one powerful, hydrating, and nourishing mist that leaves the skin feeling fresher than ever.
You can use the product as a hydrating mist, spritzing once every few hours as needed. Those with oily/combination skin can use this every few hours to help with oil production. Drier skin types can spray the mist on their face twice every two hours for maximum hydration.
As a makeup base/perfecting mist, hold the bottle 8-10 inches away. Firmly press down on the nozzle and spray 2-3 times for optimal results, allowing the mist to prime your face or set makeup.
Where to Buy the Glow Recipe Watermelon Ultra-Fine Mist
There’s something about soothing facial mists that just feel right. Although they’re not a “must-have” in my beauty kit, they’re the kind of add-on that you never knew you needed until you have it. Despite a hefty price tag, I’d say the hydration offered by this formula makes up for it. The scent I don’t mind, although I understand why many people call it a little strong, going so far as to say it smells like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.
I’ve also always been a huge fan of hyaluronic acid and the occasional (mild) AHA, and the experience seems to add up to all the rave reviews of how potent a hydrator this item is. It’s also often used as a cosmetic base, with plenty of users recommending it as a primer for eyeshadow brushes to heighten the color payoff of any eyeshadow.
Want a beauty item that has the range? This is it. Expensive price tag aside, the item is versatile and effective enough to earn a spot in any skincare routine. While I can’t speak conclusively about its exfoliating and brightening capabilities (something I believe requires longer use to become apparent), it does immediately make the face feel so smooth and soft.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you use glow recipe watermelon mask?
The brand has a lineup of watermelon-based skincare items, and the Watermelon Mask is among them. You can use it everyday nightly if desired for the best moisturizing and exfoliating results. We’ve given a full review of the Watermelon Mask on this site, so be sure to check that out here!
Can I use glow recipe toner everyday?
The Watermelon PHA+BHA Pore-tight Toner is a clarifying toner, but it’s also extremely hydrating, so the brand says you can use it everyday. We take a look at it in-depth in a previous article, so be sure to check that out.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.