Table of Contents
Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum Review
Treatments are a great way to enhance one’s skincare routine. If you’re still unsure how or when to incorporate a serum or mask into your regimen, then have a quick look at our guide to hyaluronic acid here.
Done? Now that you know all the great benefits of serums, we can move on to reviewing Glow Recipe’s hyaluronic serum, the aptly named “plum plump.” You might be able to guess the main ingredients in this product going off of the name, but there’s more to it than meets the eye! Hyaluronic acid is a great moisturizing agent, but plum extract is a little more under the radar when it comes to skin care. Is it as effective as claimed? Let’s have a closer look!
About the Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Glow Recipe is one to pack their products with powerhouse ingredients, and their Plum Plump HA serum is a welcome addition to the fruit-powered family of products. Refresh and revitalize your skin with this serum packed with 5 hyaluronic acid molecular weights and antioxidant-rich plump extracts.
Those with oily and combination skin, rejoice, for this serum is completely oil-free in addition to being vegan and cruelty-free. For more similar products, check out our Glow Recipe reviews here!
Benefits of the Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum
Glow Recipe’s hyaluronic acid serum isn’t all hype. Here are some of the few benefits you’ll get when you add it to your daily regimen:
- Provides intense hydration to the skin
- Restores plumpness and provides a youthful appearance
- Fights free radicals that cause early signs of aging skin such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Compatible for all skin types
- Repairs a damaged skin barrier
- Oil-free, vegan, and cruelty-free beauty product
Ingredients of the Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum by Glow Recipe
One of the biggest, if not the most prominent, selling points of Glow Recipe’s beauty and skincare line is having an all-natural ingredients list packed with different fruit extract and hyaluronic acids that allow the skin to bind moisture. Their Plum Serum can restore hydration even to the most damaged skin cells. Let’s take a look at its components here:
- Plum extract. This product offers extracts from three different kinds of plums: Kakadu, Illawarra Plum & Burdekin Plum, all of which are rich in antioxidants and can help ward off early signs of aging. Kakadu Plum, specifically, has a super high concentration of citric acid vitamin C, 100 times that of an orange. These plum extracts provide unprecedented levels of hydration
- Hyaluronic Acid – HA has different molecular weights. While most moisturizers or serums only use one weight, this brand has decided to employ 5 different weights in order to target not just one part of the skin, but penetrate deep into the innermost layers.
- Vegan Collagen & Silk protein. These plant-based ingredients, especially the underrated silk protein, also keep the skin moisturized while fighting agents that cause early signs of aging.
- Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate & Sodium Hyaluronate
- Vitamin B5. Repairs the skin’s barrier by rejuvenating skin cells from the inside.
- Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, and Propylene Glycol. These act as moisturizers and humectants. The first ingredient also functions as a broad anti-microbial, which is great news for acne-prone individuals.
- Spirulina maxima extract. This potent herbal extract is great at reducing and preventing wrinkles.
- Tremella fuciformis Polysaccharide. A great natural humectant, this is another ingredient that traps moisture within the skin.
Other natural herb and fruit extracts that can be found in this beauty serum include:
- Radish Root Extract
- Pleiogynium Timoriense Fruit Extract
- Podocarpus Elatus Fruit Extract
- Xanthan Gum & Acacia Seyal Gum Extract
- Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract
Apart from the ones listed above, you’ll find other components in this product that help bind the entire formula together and give it its texture:
- Spider Polypeptide
- Polyglyceryl 4 Caprate
- Raphanus Sativus
- Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
- Potassium Sorbate
- Polyglyceryl 6
- Pantothenic Acid
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Chondrus Crispus
You can use this serum on its own and reap wonderful benefits. Before applying your moisturizer, take 1-2 pumps of the water-like gel and pat gently onto a slightly damp face. You may use it twice daily, morning and night.
If you want to add extra moisture, layer it with the Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum.
Where to Buy the Glow Recipe Plump Hyaluronic Serum
As far as beauty fads go, there’s nothing as potent as this one. If you like a sweet, berry-like fragrance in your moisturizers and serums, then you’re in for a treat. The oil-free formula makes this serum a quick, non-greasy go-to for those with oilier complexions.
Who knew plums could be so hydrating? I was a bit skeptical at first, but this serum had me from the get-go. Its fast-absorbing gel-like solution is designed for those with greasier faces, and as someone with dry skin, I don’t mind a thicker consistency. However, it makes my face feel super fresh afterwards, so I’m not complaining!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.