Table of Contents
Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum Review
Ever heard of the K-beauty trend — glass skin? What if we told you there was a better, more effective way to achieve it? It’s time to ditch those risky rejuv sets and switch to an all-natural alternative with Glow Recipe’s vegan and cruelty-free product, the Pineapple-C Bright Serum. Let’s get started on the review.
Is glow recipe actually good?
If you haven’t seen what the fuss is about with this brand, Glow Recipe has recently shot up in popularity, especially on social media platforms. Their products are inspired by Korean skincare and are often geared towards helping users achieve glowing glass skin through vegan ingredients and cruelty-free production. It’s even apparent in this product we’re reviewing, as the bottle is made up of 20% recycled glass and is also 100% recyclable.
We’ve talked about this brand quite a bit here at Pretty Me. If you want to know more about how we feel about them, take a look at our Glow Recipe product reviews!
How do you use Vitamin C Brightening Serum?
You’ve probably seen Vitamin C serums everywhere, the good and the bad. But how do they actually work? This vitamin can be a potent brightening additive in the right formulation, a.k.a. in a stable one. Its benefits include skin hydration, reducing redness, evening out dark spots, and promoting collagen production to rebuild damaged skin.
On the downside, this often unstable vitamin can oxidize quickly, usually in the bottle and sometimes on the skin, too. After exposure to light and heat, the serum can turn into a brownish color and even cause dark spots on your skin.
About the Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum
The Glow Recipe Bright Serum aims to give you just that with its 3 different forms of vitamin C, a potent brightening agent, and antioxidant. 22% pineapple is also found in this serum, which happens to include natural AHAs and bromelain enzymes.
If you’ve been scouring the internet to see whether this brightening vitamin C serum is worth a shot, then you’ve come to the right place! Read until the end to find out all you need to know!
Benefits of the Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum
Vitamin C is more than just a brightening ingredient. In fact, it delivers a host of benefits when used the right way, and Glow Recipe has made sure to deliver only the best. Here are a few of the product’s benefits:
- Helps keep skin glossy and bright
- Can work as a moisturizer
- Light, bouncy texture and refreshing pineapple smell
- Removes dark spots, acne scars, and uneven skin tone
- Suitable for most skin types
Ingredients of the Glow Recipe Bright Pineapple Serum
Looking for a new product to add to your regimen? Reviewing the ingredients list is a must. Here are a few of the things you’ll find in this brightening serum:
- Pineapple. It’s not a Glow Recipe product without a fruit-based twist, and the 22% pineapple juice that graces this serum is actually one of the best natural sources of vitamin C. It visibly fades dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Ascorbic acid. One out of three sources of vitamin C in this serum, ascorbic acid is an incredibly potent form of vitamin C that can clear visible signs of aging including sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots to transform your skin from dull and drab into a bright complexion.
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid. A vitamin C derivative that is said to be super potent and stable at the same time, 3-O-Ethyl ascorbic acid is made up of 75% ascorbic acid and 25% ethyl group. The 3rd source of vitamin C in this serum is one component that is rife with antioxidant properties to reveal glowing skin.
- Hyaluronic acid. An excellent hydrator, HA is known to be able to bind water 1000 times its own molecular weight, making it popular among moisturizing products.
- Vitamin E. Another hydrator in the ingredient list. This vitamin is packed with antioxidants that protect the skin as well as brightens and nourishes it.
- Aloe gel and Chamomile extracts. These natural components act as skin soothers to help the face stay calm and soft.
How to Use the Glow Recipe Bright Pineapple Serum
The Glow Recipe vitamin C serum comes in a bright yellow glass bottle with a pineapple-patterned design. Each package contains a lightweight and bouncy serum that can be used daily and nightly.
How do you use pineapple C Bright Serum?
To use, simply apply 1-2 drops or an ample amount onto a clean face and pat on the skin. If used in the morning, make sure to follow with sunscreen and moisturizer at night. For best results, store the bottle in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Pineapple-C Bright Video Review
Where to Buy the Glow Recipe Pineapple Brightening Serum
You’ll often find this product stocked up on Sephora, but for us Filipinas, Lazada is the go-to for all the best prices in makeup, beauty, and skincare. Check it out now!
I was definitely curious to try this product out, and now I have my answer! The thing I worry about many products with this vitamin is that they tend to not have a very long shelf life, with some users saying it only takes a month before they oxidize and therefore become useless. However, the formulation and use of pineapple juice seem to make this product a potential standby in my skincare routine.
The experience is mostly positive, with the texture of the product rendering my skin softer and almost clearer after just one use. You get a lot in just one bottle, although the price makes me unsure about a repurchase. There’s also the issue of fragrance in the formula, but I didn’t find it to be irritating on my skin.
Despite its hefty price tag, this serum makes a strong case for itself. It’s more thoughtfully designed than its competitors and more stable than many other beauty “fixes” of its kind.
Although there are more economical options out there, those who are able to buy this product should definitely give it a try!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.