Table of Contents
Fresh Formula The Daily Grind Low pH Duo Review
We’ve all faced acne, blemishes, or dry and flaky skin at one point in our lives. Often, we think the problem might be the lack of cleansing: dirt and debris or perhaps makeup particles get stuck in our pores, thus causing breakouts and flare-ups. But what if we told you the problem might not be lack of cleansing, but over-cleansing?
The Fresh Formula Daily Grind Low pH Duo is a mild cleanser and toner tag team that provides a stunningly simple solution for your skincare woes. Let’s get to know it.
About Fresh Formula The Daily Grind Low pH Duo
Problem skin has plenty of causes. That’s one of the biggest reasons why it’s so tricky to get rid of: you can’t actually do it unless you know the root cause. Often, we link our acne, whiteheads, and blackheads to a lack of cleansing. Makeup particles, dust, and debris can get trapped within our skin cells, causing dreaded breakouts on the worst days.
But it’s not always about under-cleansing. In fact, sometimes it’s about over cleansing. Stripping our skin of its natural moisture can trigger sebum production, leading to excess oil that still gets trapped in our pores.
The Fresh Formula Daily Grind Low pH Duo encourages you to go the mild route. The low pH cleanser and mild toner tag team restores your skin’s natural glow while keeping it clean and free of blemishes.
Each package contains the following:
- Daily Dose Low pH Cleanser
- Clear As Day Low pH Toner
Benefits of Fresh Formula The Daily Grind Low pH Duo
Ingredients of Fresh Formula the Daily Grind Low pH Duo
Many cleansers and toners built for problematic skin are notoriously too harsh, which goes against just about every sound skincare advice from professionals. The Fresh Formula The Daily Grind Low pH Duo aims to combat that with a rich yet gentle formula. Let’s take a look at the ingredients.
Daily Dose Low pH Cleanser
- Cocoglucoside — This natural component is a surfactant that keeps the formula smooth.
- Aloe Barbadensis Extract — Commonly, aloe vera extract is used to heal wounds and soothe inflammation. In skincare, it has a few added properties, including wrinkle reduction and clarifying properties.
- Hyaluronic Acid — This mighty molecule can hold water multiple times its size, making it the ideal ingredient in many moisturizers for repairing dry and dehydrated skin.
- Witch Hazel Exract — Witch hazel is commonly used as a toner, and at its purest form it’s actually quite a mild one, making it suitable for most skin types. More information below.
Clear As Day Low pH Toner
- Rose Distillate — Roses are red, violets are blue. If you’ve got acne, this one’s for you. Rose water extract has some pretty cool anti-inflammatory properties that can keep redness and puffiness at bay.
- Witch Hazel — Witch hazel might be one of the more well-known natural astringents, making it helpful for all kinds of acne, including inflammatory and noninflammatory. It works by drying out your pimples in order to reduce swelling. This is because of the tannins present in witch hazel. It may also work as an antioxidant.
- Chamomile Extract — A member of the daisy family, chamomile extract is said to be helpful in soothing irritated skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
The Fresh Formula The Daily Grind Low pH Duo follows two easy steps:
- Take a small amount of the low pH cleanser and massage in gentle, circular movements onto damp skin. Rinse thoroughly. You can use it both morning and night.
- Next, take your bottle of low pH toner and shake it well. Apply 2-3 drops on a cotton pad or cotton ball and apply onto face in a soft, swiping motion. Use in conjuction with the cleanser, twice daily.
And that’s it. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen afterwards!
Where to Buy the Fresh Formula Daily Grind Low pH DuO
A mild cleanser-and-toner duo with natural ingredients? Sign me up. This is a product I’ve heard some buzz about, but I couldn’t find any in-depth reviews, which piqued my interest even more. Fresh Formula is a well-known local brand with skincare sets designed for different skin problems. You can check out our reviews of the Blemish Rescue Set, Moisture Boost Set, and Glass Skin Series on our website.
Now, onto our initial thoughts. I definitely liked the cleanser. It didn’t feel too stripping, but I was expecting a much milder formulation as I’m used to those in my normal routine. I feel like this is a mild formula for those who have problems with excessive oil production. Since I’m on the other side of the spectrum (drier skin), I found this to be an okay product. It’s not the first one I would grab, but it’ll do.
As for the toner, I found it to be too harsh on my skin. Like I said, I might not be the target market for this, so your mileage may vary. Take note that natural ingredients can also cause irritation if your skin is sensitive to them. However, I did notice some whiteheads on my forehead clearing up after a few days of use, which speaks of its effectiveness.
We’d recommend this product if you’re having trouble with blemishes, like mild acne and whiteheads or blackheads, but don’t want to be too harsh on your skin. Overall, I found the cleanser to be mild and soothing, while the toner was a little harsh but effective.
Have you tried this product? Share your experience in the comments below!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.