Table of Contents
Doll Skin Revitalize Kit Review
Want to know how to go from dull skin to nourished, bright skin? We’ve got just the product for you. This rejuvenating kit is everything you could want from a rejuvenating set. It naturally exfoliates the skin to bring out your natural, glowing skin tone, a fresher complexion, and the most beautiful version of yourself.
About the Doll Skin Revitalize Kit
Blackheads, acne, wrinkles, and everyday blemishes can hinder our day to day activities. They can be a source of self-consciousness and stress, especially if they’re particularly hard to get rid of. If you’re having trouble with getting rid of these marks on your skin, don’t worry. You’re not alone!
The challenge is finding the best product that’s going to work for your skin, specifically. Our skin is just as unique as our very own fingerprints, and while that makes us the individuals that we are, it can make finding the right skin care products much harder.
That’s why the Doll Skin set is formulated to accommodate all kinds of skin types so you know you’re getting the best skin care possible. It gets right to the problem, whether it’s clogged pores, an uneven skin tone, a lusterless complexion, or harrowing acne that won’t go away.
If you’re worried about another harsh rejuvenating set, fret not. This skin set is mild enough not to shock your skin, making it suitable even for those who have particularly sensitive skin types.
The Doll Revitalize package is inclusive of:
- Kojie – Collagen Skin Whitening Soap (135g)
- Revitalize Skin Toning Solution (60ml)
- Suncare Gel (10g)
- Revitalize Gel Night Cream (10g)
Let’s dive into our Doll Skin Revitalize Kit review.
Benefits of the Doll Skin Kit
Keep your skin in its ideal state. This product offers the following wonderful benefits:
- Brightens and whitens skin
- Dries out pimples
- Minimizes the appearance of and unclogs pores
- Lightens dark acne scars to reveal even skin tone
- Smoothes skin texture
- Prevents dark spots, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging
- Mild formula suitable for all skin types
- Helps with skin conditions like melasma
- Effectively removes stubborn blemishes
Ingredients of the Doll Skin Revitalize Kit
Your skin deserves the best care possible, which means you should not be going around and trying harsh products that might actually harm your skin and not help it. Luckily, the Doll Revitalize Skin set is perfect for almost every skin type. Just make sure to perform a patch test first — more instructions on how to test a product on your skin later in the post.
First, it’s good practice to look at the ingredients list of any skin care product to check if there are any potential allergens. If you’re not sure what ingredients might trigger your skin, plenty of sensitive skin types are recommended to stay away from large amounts of alcohol, fragrances, and parabens in skin care products.
Here’s what the Doll Revitalize Skin set has to offer:
Kojie - Collagen Skin Whitening Soap
- Coconut Oil — Apart from its ability to provide the skin with essential nutrients, coconut oil also serves as an effective antimicrobial agent that can zap away budding pimples and acne breakouts to prevent further damage on your skin. It’s also a wonderful skin moisturizer that keeps our body and face soft and supple.
- Rosehip Oil — This natural oil is a potent anti-aging agent, preventing fine lines and wrinkles from forming prematurely in one’s skin. It’s also a great ingredient that hydrates and nourishes dull skin.
- Lactic Acid — Want a surefire way to combat dull, greyish skin? Often, lack of shine is caused by dead skin cells sitting on top. A mild exfoliant like lactic acid is perfect for exfoliating the skin to reveal an even skin tone and an overall brighter complexion. It’s also widely regarded as the ideal AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) for people with sensitive skin.
- Fragrance — This is what gives the product its soothing scent. However, while it’s pleasing to our nostrils, our skin might react differently so it’s best to take it easy if you have sensitive skin or skin that is allergic specifically to fragrance.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen — As Healthline puts it, our skin is simply made up of collagen proteins. Following this logic, taking collagen is a great way to rebuild damaged skin. Hydrolyzed collagen is particularly great for treating wrinkles and improving skin structure (tightening).
- Kojic Acid — It’s not a kojic soap without this vital ingredient. Kojic acid is a potent skin whitener that inhibits melanin production in order to whiten skin tone. However, it can sensitize already sensitive skin so make sure you’re loading up on sunscreen to prevent skin burning!
Doll Revitalize Skin Toner
- Ethyl Alcohol — Alternatively just called alcohol, ethanol or ethyl alcohol is a microbial agent that also works as an astringent to remove pimples and blemishes in the skin. Likewise, it can act as a penetration enhancer and that is usually its main purpose in toners such as these.
- Propylene Glycol — A multipurpose ingredient, PG can function as a penetration enhancer, an emollient, and a preservative.
- Hexylresorcinol — Don’t be intimidated by this name. Hexylresorcinol is an “anti-browning” agent, meaning it prevents melanin from producing pigment. How is this helpful, you ask? In this formula, it’s perfect for de-browning hyperpigmented scars.
- Isopropyl Alcohol — Isopropyl alcohol is a great disinfectant, but in cosmetic products, it’s kind of a cause for concern. Its primary purpose is to control the viscosity and act as a solvent for other ingredients. Is it worth the potential allergens? We don’t think so. There’s a reason alcohol is no longer part of many modern formulas.
- Glycerin — This one, on the other hand, is one of the most beloved ingredients in the skin care world. Glycerin is a naturally-occuring moisturizer that is super safe and also super cheap.
- Ascorbic Acid — You might have heard of Vitamin C as a powerful skin care superstar, and you’re right. This variant is particularly great at getting rid of wrinkled skin and dark spots.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate — A compound found in chemical sunscreen, this ingredient helps protect against UVB rays, not UVA rays.
- Methoxydibenzoylmethane — Another compound found in chemical sunscreens, this UV absorber works against harmful UVA rays.
- Phospholipids — This sun screen won’t just keep you safe from harmful rays of the sun, but it’ll also feel super nice and soft on your skin. It’s great for those who hate the stickiness often found in many traditional sunscreens. Overall, the product is great at protecting your skin against early signs of aging.
Revitalize Gel Night Cream
- Coconut Oil — We’ve seen this ingredient in the cleanser, but do note that it’s going to be much more effective for moisturizing and nourishing your skin in a leave-on formula such as this. By leaving this night product overnight, you’re letting your skin soak in all the wonderful nutrients found in coconut oil.
- Lactic Acid — Same as the first ingredient, this exfoliant will be staying overnight on your skin so it has more time to work its dead-skin-cell-sloughing magic.
- Fragrance — The amount of fragrance here isn’t disclosed, but we’ve crossed our fingers it’s not too much to cause a negative reaction to the skin.
- Kojic Acid — A melanin inhibitor that brightens and whitens the skin.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen — Collagen proteins are the building blocks of healthy, supple skin, so if your skin is in need of heavy repair then keep an eye out for this ingredient in skin care products.
Finally, you’ve bought your skin rejuvenating set. The first thing to do is perform a patch test on a small part of your skin. You’ll notice that we mention this in all of our reviews on this website, and that’s because we highly promote safe skin care choices! Now, apply small amounts of the products on the elbows or behind the ear, and monitor the area for 24 hours. If no redness, peeling, or allergic reaction occurs, that’s your green light — you’re free to use it!
Here’s the order for using this skin rejuvenating kit:
- Kojic Soap — Dampen your face and apply a small amount of the soap. Lather for 2-3 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. Do this step day and night.
- Toner — After washing, apply the product onto a cotton pad and apply gently all over the face and neck in circular motions. Do this step day and night.
- Suncare (Day) — Proceed to apply a generous amount of sunscreen all over the face and neck during the day. This step is vital because of the exfoliants present in the toner and gel.
- Gel Cream (Night) — In lieu of the sunscreen, apply a generous amount of the product at night before going to bed. When you wake up, you’ll get bright, smooth skin, ready to repeat the routine for the morning.
Where to Buy the Doll Skin Rejuvenating Kit
Ready to achieve gleaming skin? Grab this rejuvenating skin care kit on Lazada right now. Avail of the best deals, shipping, and delivery services on one of the largest online selling platforms in the Philippines.
A skin care revitalizing kit that isn’t harsh on the skin? Sign me up, right now! I’m glad that more of these products prioritize sensitive-skin-friendly formulas because it’s a win for everyone. Let’s review each of the products one by one.
First, the cleanser. I didn’t particularly find it harsh or stripping, but I prefer the cleansing step to be a little more moisturizing as I am used to those formulas. Pro: it’s pretty great at removing makeup after oil cleansing.
Then came the toning step. Out of the bat, I already did not enjoy the stinging sensation, so I try to apply this product as quickly and with as little amounts as possible while still making sure to cover the face and neck.
Do note that this kit contains a chemical sunscreen, which can be harsh albeit effective. I prefer physical sunscreens but still wanted to try this one out just to see the difference. Sadly, I noticed a few breakouts here and there, but that might just be my skin trying to get used to the new items.
Finally, the night gel. I found it a little thinner than expected, but it’s still a great formula that doesn’t stain your pillow or sheets during the night. Definitely my favorite out of the entire set.
While I love the promotion of more gentle formulas, I did not find that to be the case with this kit. I’ve yet to finish the entire set, but so far I’ve experienced breakouts and stinging. However, plenty of reviews — from videos to Facebook users — seem to have more positive encounters, so we’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Enjoyed this post? Maybe you have a few thoughts of your own to share? Feel free to leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
In the meantime, feel free to check out our site for more tips on all things beauty, fashion, and skin care.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.