Table of Contents
Detail Cosmetics Water Tint Review
Even though we’re all makeup fanatics here, it’s normal to have days where you’d rather sport a basic look than go for all-out glam. That’s why lip tints can be handy for those days: they’re lightweight, not too pigmented, and look natural on almost anyone.
If you’re someone who prefers wearing lip tints over creamy lipsticks, then the Detail Cosmetics Water Tint is a great place to start. Get to know this moisturizing lippie below.
About the Detail Cosmetics Water Tint
The Detail Cosmetics Water Tint is described as a water-gel hybrid infused with rose water. It can be used both on the lips and the cheeks for an added pop of color.
Buildable, blendable, and non-transfer are the three main features of this water tint, and those are its biggest selling points, too. I know I’m definitely looking for something buildable and non-transfer since we’re using masks in our day-to-day lives.
This also isn’t a tint you go to for pigment, but rather a “subdued wash of color” enough to make you look fresh.
The Water Tint series is offered in 7 different shades:
- Crush (Rosebud pink)
- Sunkissed (Blood orange)
- Chili (True chili red)
- Blood (Deep cherry red)
- Wine (Deep berry)
- Golden Hour (Warm dried fig)
- Boy Beat (Cool cold brew)
Benefits of Detail Cosmetics Water Tint
Some of the amazing benefits you’ll get from this Detail Cosmetics water-gel tint are:
- Easy to apply formula
- Lightweight and non-drying
- Enriched with moisturizing rose water
- Subtle buildable color
- 7 different shades
- Suitable for daily use
- Protects lips from dryness and damage
- Minimal transfer makes it perfect for wearing masks
Ingredients of Detail Cosmetics Water Tint
- Rose Water. Rosewater has been described as an excellent lip hydrator, offering ample moisture while also giving a subtle pinkish glow.
- Hyaluronic Acid. We all know this hydrating ingredient does wonders for our skin barrier, but did you know it makes our lips look plumper, too? It fills the cells with moisture which results in a fuller look for our lips as well as a reduction in cracks and dryness.
- Vitamin E. Similar to HA, vitamin E also soothes and treats chapness in our lips.
- Centella Asiatica. Centella Asiatica is a wonder ingredient that you’ll find in many moisturizing products, this lippie included.
- Niacinamide. Also known as Vitamin B3, niacinamide can help reduce lip hyperpigmentation as a result of sun damage.
How to Use the Detail Cosmetics Water Tint
To provide a wash of color over your lips, apply the tint sparingly and only use one layer. Build on the color by applying more layers if you prefer a bolder, more pigmented look.
Where to Buy Detail Cosmetics Water Tint
The Detail Cosmetics Water Tint is available now on Lazada. Grab yours now and get a hold of the amazing deals and prices available.
I’m going to be honest. At first, I thought the color shades were a bit too similar and lacked diversity. But once I swatched them on my arm, I realized the changes were very subtle, but they were still there. If you’re someone looking for a shade that could match your undertone, you might find it here.
Pros: The colors are very suitable for medium-toned Filipinas. I enjoyed the warm undertones of Golden Hour and Sunkissed. When layered, they’re more nude-like, but still ideal for everyday errands or basic makeup looks.
I also loved how nourishing its ingredients were. The water-gel consistency is great because you don’t actually feel the tint on your lips, a problem with other cream-based lipsticks.
However… there are a few cons I noticed from this product, too. The most prominent one would be streakiness. Even with soft, non-chapped lips, I noticed that the tint doesn’t apply evenly. It also doesn’t hold on to my upper lip except after a few layers. I don’t know about you, but I’d like to have color on both my upper and lower lips, please!
Although I was disappointed in the streakiness of the product, I enjoyed how buildable, non-transfer, and non-drying it felt on my lips. I say it’s a must for anyone looking for a subtle wash that won’t stain coffee cups or face masks.
That said, this product did not work on my upper lip. I’ve also noticed other reviewers mention the same problem. Hopefully, the brand could be reformulated and improve on this lippie as it has a lot of potential to be a makeup kit staple.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.