Table of Contents
10 Years Younger Derma Facial Set Review
As we get older, it’s completely normal to have aging skin. What is challenging is showing signs of aging at an early age. We all want to look fresh and young, and having constant exposure to pollutants and the sun’s harmful rays can only give us the opposite result: fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
Anti-aging skin care can be a tricky world to navigate. Expert opinions often vary on the efficacy of certain “miracle” ingredients, while others believe in a tried and tested set of products for treating aged skin. No matter the case, anti-aging skin care products are certainly worth trying out.
Let’s see if the 10 Years Younger Facial Kit is the youth-enhancing kit you need! We review each product, give the low down on every ingredient, and see if it passes the test.
About the 10 Years Younger Derma Facial Set
Want a healthy way to even out your skin tone, remove dark spots, and zap away dead skin cells that prevent your skin from revealing its best self? This rejuvenating set is fully equipped for that. Not only does the Derma Facial rejuvenating set make your skin look “10 Years Younger,” it also helps your skin look its brightest.
Regain your confidence by keeping your skin in tip-top shape. Without all the stubborn acne marks, blemishes, and dark spots, you’ll realize just how amazing your skin really looks.
But first, let’s see all the wonderful benefits of this rejuvenating set.
Benefits of the 10 Years Younger Facial Set
We all want younger-looking skin, but does this set help us get there? Here are just some of the benefits listed on the product page:
- Evens out skin tone
- Revitalizes skin by getting rid of dead skin cells
- Lightens dark spots
- Helps protect against the sun’s harmful UV rays to prevent aging skin
- Repairs and revitalizes dull skin
- Removes stubborn acne marks on skin
- Keeps skin younger-looking and fresh
- Tightens skin
Ingredients of the 10 Years Younger Facial Kit
The purported benefits are one thing, but the ingredients are the window to the soul, in a way. Always look at the ingredients list before buying a product so you weed out a potentially irritating allergen without spending a thing. Fortunately, this set doesn’t seem to be too harsh. Let’s take a look at its ingredients.
Premium Kojic Soap
- Coconut Oil — This ingredient not only nourishes our skin but it also combats the potentially drying effects of the cleansers in this soap.
- Sodium Hydroxide — SH helps adjust the pH level of any product. It’s especially helpful in a facial soap because the wrong acidity level can potentially mess up the pH levels of our own skin.
- Kojic Acid — Kojic has a wide array of whitening properties. It’s also effective in evening out the skin tone by clearing away hyperpigmented spots.
- Titanium Dioxide — This is an ingredient that helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays, thus preventing early signs of skin aging, dry skin, and hyperpigmentation.
- Fragrance — Considering the ingredients in this skin product, fragrance was probably added to offset certain odors. However, if your skin is highly sensitive to fragrance then we suggest observing how your skin reacts first to see if you can continue using the product.
Exfoliating Derma Facial Toner
- Ethyl Alcohol — Alcohol is a great penetration enhancer, meaning it allows other ingredients in a skin care product to enter deeper into the skin, but it can also be a mild antimicrobial agent that combats acne by unclogging deep-seated dirt within the pores.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil — You’re probably familiar with castor oil since its popularity as an effective oil for hair growth. Its hydrogenated version serves as an excellent moisturizer because it has both humectant and occlusive properties; in short, it attracts water from the environment into the skin and also forms a protective layer to prevent moisture loss.
- Glycerin — Another skin-moisturizing ingredient that has been around for decades is glycerin. It’s actually a molecule that is already found in our skin, and it helps restore a damaged skin barrier and is often found in moisturizing products that treat severely dry skin.
- Glutathione — We all know gluta by heart now: it’s a potent melanin inhibitor that makes the skin brighter and whiter. In this case, it helps clear away the hyperpigmentation left from acne scars and sun spots. It’s also a great ingredient for evening out the skin tone.
- Propylene Glycol — This is a humectant that also keeps the formula controlled. If you’re a fan of natural cosmetics, you might not like propylene glycol very much. However, it’s relatively harmless and serves its purpose well.
Over Night Cream
- Lactic Acid — A mild AHA, lactic acid is great at removing dull skin cells to reveal brighter, smoother skin. It’s also perfect for dry skin because it helps add that shine without stripping away too much of the skin’s natural moisture. It can go deep into the pores to remove dirt.
- Alcohol — Again, jury’s out on just how safe this ingredient is for sensitive skin, but in this product we assume it functions as a penetration enhancer.
- Mineral Oil — This oil is a very affordable moisturizer that has garnered some controversy, but INCIdecoder debunks a few of the myths surrounding its effects to the skin here.
- Paraffin — This is a viscosity-controlling product that also serves as a perfuming agent.
- Microcrystaline Wax — This gives the product its texture and consistency. Unless you have an identified allergy to this ingredient, it’s 100% safe to use.
Sun Protection Cream
- Mineral Oil — It’s important that your sunscreen is not only protective but also non-drying. Adding mineral oil into the mix helps ensure that you feel good while applying the product and that you actually want to keep reapplying it.
- Dimethicone — Similarly, dimethicone is used to keep the cream smooth and easily spreadable to ensure each corner of the face is covered with protection.
- Cetyl Alcohol — In sunscreen, this alcohol is mainly used as a binding agent to help keep the different skin-friendly ingredients from separating.
- Ethylhexyl & Methoxycinnamate — Each of these is a potent ingredient that helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Sun exposure is one of the most common causes of skin damage, early skin aging, and so much more.
Before you use your rejuv set, it’s good practice to patch test the products. Do this by applying a small amount of each onto your elbow or behind your ear. Observe how your skin reacts for the next 24 hours. If any harsh peeling, stinging, or redness occurs, discontinue use.
The order of use is pretty straightforward:
- Soap — Take a generous amount and lather it all over the face and neck. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Toner — Using a cotton ball or a cotton square, apply enough toner to cover the skin on your face and neck using a gentle swiping motion. Apply it onto your skin daily and nightly.
- Sunscreen — During the day, take a generous amount of sunscreen before sun exposure and massage it all over the face and neck. Apply it onto your skin daily.
- Night Cream — For your night routine, skip the sunscreen and go for the night cream right after toning. Apply all over the face and neck before going to bed.
Where to Buy the 10 Years Younger Derma Facial Kit
We’ll start off with the pros. One good thing about this product is the moisturizing ingredients packed in the toner, which happens to be the most stripping part of the rejuvenating process. I definitely did not experience the harsh stinging that usually accompanied other toners.
The peeling process was also very controlled. I noticed that my skin tone was much more even than before. My brown spots faded pretty quickly.
As for the cons, I didn’t like the fragrance and alcohol components in the products that caused some redness. Hopefully, the brand considers reformulating because I really enjoyed the visible effects.
Our only issue with this was the mild irritation brought about by certain ingredients. Other than that, I’d say this is a really solid product — I noticed my skin becoming plumper the more I used it, my brown spots weren’t as prominent, and my skin tone became overall more even. I just wish there was less alcohol and no fragrance.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.