1. Earth tones are great for casual outfitsStyle experts across the web say that earthy colors are what works best with the Morena complexion, which does make sense. Browns and creams look great against darker skin, and greens at a nice pop of color into your ensemble. One color that comes highly recommended is olive green. It’s a great neutral to have in your wardrobe, and it looks awesome on pants, utility jackets, blouses, shorts, you name it. For an effortless olive green top that matches well with denim cutoffs and pleather leggings, check out our Loose Bat Sleeve Shirt.
Buy this blouse now for a great discount!
2. There’s a gray tone for every MorenaAccording to Who What Wear, gray is another color that brown girls should have in their closets. For sisters on the darker side, light gray is best. Medium skinned girls should go for dove gray, while lighter ladies should opt for charcoal gray.
3. Crazy colors like metallic and neon highlight medium skinYou might have heard that bright colors are no-no’s for brown-skinned girls. While metallic and neon hues tend to dull darken skin because of the contrast, medium skin tones strike that balance that neutralize the crazy colors. Remember not to go overboard with either the metallics or neon. Unless it’s a pantsuit, the general rule of thumb is to limit the metallic or neon to one piece. You can also add a matching accessory to streamline the outfit. For example, you could wear our Slim Business Blazer with a matching pink heel.
Check out our newest range of blazers and officewear!
4. Navy blue is the perfect color for evening occasionsDarker colors tend to be more popular for nighttime soirees, but it holds especially true for brown girls. Some girls may be more conscious of dim lighting and aren’t sure how well colors they would wear in the daytime will fair in the evening. Navy blue is a safe bet, especially when it comes in a gradient as that is said to accentuate the figure. However, a basic navy dress like our Slim Long Sleeved Midi Dress will do.
Flaunt your curves in this gorgeous midi frock!Don’t limit yourself to navy blue, though. Feel free to experiment with other deep tones, such as a dark purple or burgundy.
5. When in doubt, go with black or white (or both!)The two colors that you can always count on, no matter what your skin tone is, are black and white. For those that want to enhance their tans, or simply enrich their complexion, white will do the trick. Black, on the other hand, has somewhat of a luminous effect to your complexion. People say it draws out the gold tone in your skin. Whether you agree with that last statement or not, you can’t argue against the fact that black is an absolute must for your wardrobe. Got any tips for colors or style for your brown sisters? Feel free to add them in the comments below!
Items featured in this post:
Sheena is the lead fashion writer here at Pretty Me Philippines and has contributed articles for numerous lifestyle blogs and online publications. Other than keeping up with the latest trends, she loves baking and home DIY projects.