Table of Contents
Simply Skin Pixel Laser Review
Sometimes, our skincare routine just isn’t enough to achieve glowing skin. That’s totally okay! Given that you have a budget for it, there are various types of facial and laser treatments offered around the Philippines for clearer skin – and Simply Skin, located at SM North, has a Pixel Laser Treatment that’s worth the hype.
A laser treatment suitable for any skin type, that also helps with acne scars, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, pores, dark spots, and more? It’s no wonder this modern facial treatment is a crowd favorite.
About Simply Skin Pixel Laser Treatment
Pixel Laser is US-FDA approved and is one of the newest forms of rejuvenation treatments offered by Simply Skin.
The Pixel Laser treatment is a non-ablative laser resurfacing treatment done in small “pixels” of the skin or in a fractional manner, using a high-powered erbium YAG laser (a non-ablative laser). This means it affects only a fraction of your skin surface at a time. It emits thousands of tiny, microscopic laser spots, stimulating collagen production along the way.
Simply Skin offers their clients three options for this treatment depending on their concerns and skin types: full, mild, or spot. This means you have the choice to go all out or treat smaller areas only.
A session isn’t costly when compared to other treatments – for a starting price of PHP 2,500, you’ll be able to achieve smoother skin. Simply Skin also has a package for an additional 30-minute modern facial treatment.
The clinic also offers Clearlift Laser Treatment. Much like Pixel, the Clearlift Laser Treatment requires little downtime – as little as two weeks. For optimal results, your nurse may recommend Clearlift Laser in conjunction with Pixel.
This non-ablative laser resurfacing treatment smoothens acne scars, lightens pigmentation, and more
What does Pixel Laser resurfacing do? Aside from it being a popularly known modern facial for achieving clearer skin, it also has the following benefits:
- Lighten pigmentation
- Smoothen scars including deep acne scars
- Less visible pores
- Tighter skin
- Smooth out stretch marks
- Improves skin texture
Keep in mind that the ideal candidates for pixel laser resurfacing treatment are those with the following skin issues:
- Fine lines and rough skin
- Dull skin
- Large pores
- Uneven skin tone/pigmentation in any area of the body
- Strong presence of melasma
- Acne marks on the cheeks or body
- Age spots
How does skin pixel laser work?
Imagine your skin as a set of pixels, similar to a digital photograph. In order to restore or touch up areas where you want a smoother surface, the laser goes through the skin in ablative microcolumns, or in a “pixel by pixel” manner.
It passes through an optic lens into the skin with very tiny laser heat that tightens skin by softening wrinkles, smoothens scars, improves skin texture, and all the other benefits listed above. Additionally, the skin’s natural collagen is stimulated, which results in skin improvement even months after the treatment.
What happens during and after the pixel laser procedure?
The procedure and aftercare for Pixel laser resurfacing treatment are pretty simple and that is why Pixel laser treatment is popular as compared to other procedures. Topical anesthesia usually isn’t required for this laser facial, and recovery time is minimal.
During the procedure, you should expect:
- An appointment time of ~45min to 1hr
- Two hours of procedure if the treatment area is big
- Make-up, moisturizers, sunblock, etc. will be removed from the skin area
- Numbing cream might be applied
The Pixel laser handpiece will gently go over the treatment area. There will be a prickling sensation on the skin and the beeping sound of the laser, which means it’s starting. Once done, a topical anesthetic or anti-inflammatory cream is applied.
After the procedure, take note of the healing process in the span of seven days:
- Expect some redness and/or sunburn sensation for a few days
- Mild swelling is possible and normal
- Grid pattern slightly visible until skin flaking begins
- Redness will be mostly gone by the third day
- Skin begins to flake as new skin replaces the dead skin tissue by the fourth day
- Healthy skin visible by the fifth to the sixth day
Overall, you can expect initial results after the first week. Baby smooth skin can be visible by the end of this process! Because the treatment can stimulate collagen production, you can expect more skin improvement over time.
Pixel laser aftercare
It’s best to ask the dermatologist for after-care instructions, but this is a general idea of what caring for your skin while healing should look like:
- Do not wash the treated area for at least 12-24 hours
- Avoid sun exposure for 2-3 weeks
- Aloe vera gel is recommended to protect from sun damage
- Avoid friction or excessive sweating for 2 days
- Do not use make-up for 24-48 hours on the treated area
- Do not pick on the scabs
Things to consider if you plan on getting a pixel laser
If you’ve decided on getting a pixel laser from Simply Skin and are a bit nervous, here are some things to consider:
- Avoid microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and ablative laser procedures 4 weeks prior
- Avoid laser treatments 1 week prior
- Avoid waxing or tweezing 24 hours before the treatment
- Do not use active ingredients (glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, Kojic acid, and hydroquinone) 3 days before the facial
Simply Skin’s Pixel laser resurfacing is definitely worth all its hype. From safety to effectiveness, this laser treatment definitely checks out all our boxes!
Simply Skin is not your ordinary facial clinic – it also offers a variety of safe and effective laser treatments such as the new Clearlift laser treatment. It’s definitely a good idea to get your skin treated with this modern facial if you relate to the issues listed above.
If you’re convinced to get a laser treatment, make sure to schedule a trip to the dermatologist before anything else!
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.