Table of Contents
No Prick Facial: The Modern, Painless Treatment for Glowing Skin
We Tried A Pain-Free Facial And Now We're Obsessed
In a world full of laser treatments and chemical peels, facial treatments have become more popular than ever. They address multiple skin concerns and are also pretty relaxing — when they’re not painful, that is.
Many facial treatments seek to address certain skin needs, like dark spots, blackheads and whiteheads, clogged pores, oily skin, dry skin, you name it. But the problem lies in the painfulness and downtime of each procedure.
Depending on your skin type and the type of facial treatment, recovery might be quick or last a few days, and it may or may not come with side effects like redness, peeling, and irritation.
But let’s go back to the great benefits of facials, because there are definitely plenty.
Why do I love facials?
I didn’t believe in facials before. Sure, I thought they were fun when you wanted to pamper yourself after a long week or as part of a fun girl’s day out. But they were rarely incorporated into my regular skincare routine because I just didn’t think they were necessary. Boy, was I wrong.
I’m not saying you can ditch your tried and true regimen for a biweekly facial, but I’m saying the effects are enhanced when you make these treatments a regular thing. With the help of professionals and advanced technology, you can further bring out your natural radiant glow in just a few sessions.
You have to know the difference between a facial spa and a dermatological spa
When we say facial treatments, we don’t mean the ones that you can get at a day spa. Medical facial treatments offer long-lasting solutions, as they are able to open layers of the skin and produce visible changes. Now, back to these derma-guided facial treatments.
The downside is, not every facial treatment is going to be painless. That’s why we were absolutely obsessed when we found out about the Ultimate Modern Facial from Simply Skin.
Simply Skin’s Ultimate Modern Facial is a painless skin treatment that has multiple benefits. The biggest selling point of this treatment is that it’s effective with minimal downtime and zero pain, no matter the skin type — so whether you have greasy skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, or a combination type skin, this treatment will be absolutely painless, remove blackheads, whiteheads, and also keep breakouts at bay.
Simply Skin is dedicated to promoting healthy progress no matter where you’re at in your skincare journey. Here’s what you need to know about the treatment:
Time: 75 minutes or 1 hour and 15 minutes
Preparations before procedure:
- No laser treatment within the past week
- No use of glycolic and lactic acids, salicylic acid, kojic acid, retinol, and hydroquinone within the past 3 days
- No waxing or tweezing 24 hours prior
What happens during Simply Skin's Ultimate Modern Facial treatment?
The Simply Skin facial treatment reveals glowing, brighter skin in just a few steps:
- The procedure takes place in a private room. After the initial screening with the doctor or esthetician, they will remove any makeup on your skin (if you are wearing makeup) using a gentle oil cleanser. Then, skin hydration level will be calculated before moving on to a deeper cleanse using coconut milk.
- Next comes the process of hydradermabrasion. In essence, this is a mild skin resurfacing treatment. There is no manual pricking involved, but instead, physical and chemical exfoliation to remove dead skin cells using an innovative suction wand for easier extractions. More specifically, lactic acid is used to gently remove a layer of dirt that may cause clogged pores.
- They will then steam your face and apply glycolic acid on greasy areas and ones that are most prone to sebum production. This is followed up with salicylic acid applied using the same metal tool as the lactic acid.
- After all those acids, you’ll need a nice nourishing face mask! This is the part that distinguishes 30-minute facials from 75-minute ones. You get to choose what type of mask to get.
- The esthetician will then use roller wands that emit microcurrents to massage the skin. You might feel a mild stinging sensation, but it’s not actually painful to the skin.
- You’ll know you’ve reached the end of your treatment when a cooling wand is massaged on your skin to close the pores. Then comes the final step: a thin layer of SPF applied to the skin.
And that’s it! After the facial, your technician will once again measure the hydration level of your skin. The facial can increase the hydration of your skin after one session, but it’s recommended to go back after two to three weeks (four weeks for those who have sensitive skin) to see the best results.
List the benefits of Simply Skin's Ultimate Modern Facial
The Ultimate Modern Facial by Simply Skin has the following benefits:
- Removes dark spots and brightens skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Encourages collagen production
- Addresses common skin concerns, such as dullness, acne-prone skin, and clogged pores
- Requires minimal downtime
- No redness and irritation; doesn’t hurt
- Removes blackheads and whiteheads
- Prevents breakouts
What should I do before I try Simply Skin Ultimate Modern Facial?
Similar to other facial treatments, you will be required to stay away from chemical exfoliants, peeling products, and laser procedures for a set amount of time prior to your appointment at Simply Skin.
In order to achieve hydrated, bright, and blackhead-free skin, make sure that you avoid getting a laser treatment (or any other similar facial) a week before your appointment. You should also avoid use of exfoliating acids, hydroquinone, and retinol three days prior.
How much is Simply Skin's Ultimate Modern Facial?
The Ultimate Modern Facial from Simply Skin starts at Php 1,500 per session, but there are bundles that allow you to get the treatment at a discounted rate. You can visit Simply Skin at their Ayala Mall Cloverleaf, SM Bicutan, or Alabang Festival Mall branch.
If you’re looking for a sign to get a facial, this is it. Life is too short to hesitate!
Whether you’re in it to unclog your pores or get those anti-aging infusions, your facials shouldn’t cause more pain. Thanks to advancements in medical technology, painless treatments are becoming the norm, and we can’t wait to try them all out.
Got more stories to share? Maybe you had a procedure so calming you fell asleep, or noticed your pores became tighter after just one go. Either way, we’d love to hear from you! Share your experiences with us below.
Joey is an AB Psychology graduate of the University of St. La Salle – Bacolod. Her life’s passions include writing, film, and spending hours on end binge-watching fashion vloggers on Youtube.