1. A Biker JacketA go-to for any night-time events, a motorcycle jacket is also perfect for an edgy twist on an outfit. Don’t feel like being too feminine in your floral dress or LBD? Change it up with a biker jacket and moto boots. Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to the traditional biker jacket. Find them in various hues, cropped styles and with luxe accents to make them appropriate day and night.
2. A BlazerAlmost anything can be dressed up with a blazer. Think about it. A white t-shirt, skinny jeans, blazer and heels will get you ready for a full schedule. How do you make shorts appropriate for the morning to evening? With a blazer, of course!
3. CutoutsSweaters and blouses with cutouts really add that extra oomph to an OOTD. Just be weary of where the holes are located on your top. Cutouts around the neckline accentuate your clavicle and can easily be covered up if you’re in the office. Thus, something like our Off-Shoulder Long Sleeve V-Neck Loose Blouse would work. On the other hand, cutouts on your sides our below your chest are best limited to the evening.
Be smoldering in this sexy but sweet top!You can also wear a dress with little cutouts at the hem. That way, you won’t worry about showing too much skin while still being playful in your wardrobe choice.
4. Leather LeggingsGot different places to be on the weekend? Leather leggings might seem racy for the day, but pair it with something casual on top, and you’re golden! A cozy knit with our Stretchy Faux Leather Leggings is a great play on textures. If you’ve got a collection of graphic tees, try them on with the leggings. Even those oversized ones will look undeniably cool with some crisp white kicks.
5. A Pencil SkirtPencil skirts are not only must-haves for the office. They also double up as evening options, from dinner dates to happy hour. They’re sophisticated and sexy, suited for a variety of occasions. You can choose to be a little daring with our High Waist Bodycon Pencil Midi Skirt. Or if you aren’t a fan of the leather look, a black fitted skirt might be more your style.
6. A Ruffled BlouseThere’s something rather elegant about a little bit of ruffle. A flouncy top is all that you need to transition into the night, whether you’ve paired it with skinny jeans or an A-line skirt. Keep in mind that you’ll want to balance the drama on top with something simple at the bottom. Cropped pants or an A-line skirt will do.
7. A Shift DressTruthfully, there aren’t too many dress silhouettes that can last you the entire day. However, one shape you can always rely on is the iconic shift frock. It’s laidback and cute with a bit of sass, perfect for social gatherings and work events. Because of the relaxed silhouette, feel free to experiment with patterns and prints. For instance, the checkered design on the Matty Shift Mini Dress translates well throughout the day.
Pay tribute to the 1960s with this cute frock!Got any clothing items that aren’t included in the list? Tell us about your wardrobe pieces that help you transition from day to night.
Items featured in this post:
Sheena is the lead fashion writer here at Pretty Me Philippines and has contributed articles for numerous lifestyle blogs and online publications. Other than keeping up with the latest trends, she loves baking and home DIY projects.